• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Using gimmicks to create a homecourt advantage....

pimp

Exodus said...that at the Wizard's game ,they put the Dallas Cowboys star and Jerry Jones on the jumbo-tron, while the Hawks were shooting free throws.

That made it seem like they were booing the Hawks, when they were really booing the hated Cowboys.

The hawks need to try something like that.

We could come up with some gimmicks to make people do the following things.

1.Cheer after made baskets

2.Boo the other team

3.Chant D-fense

Getting people to boo would be the easiest one.

I would put something on the screen about Gas prices being raised again...that would get some boo's thumb3d.gif

Quote:

Well, I've been a fan of the Hawks for years, and the cheerleaders have sucked at least for the past 20 years. The girls come and go but the choreography never changes.

LOL . . it's like a college pep band that's been playing the song "Louie, Louie" for years, still thinking that it's a crowd pleaser.

Philips is a day-care center. So while the pic of Petrino would be hilarious, maybe a pic of Swiper off Dora the Explorer might get a louder response.

"Swiper, no swiping."

Yes the Spirit squad is out there but they are missing something from years past...they are missing the FREE STUFF. I mean where are the t-shirts, the free tickets from the floating blimp, the thunder sticks, posters etc. Have you noticed the lack of promotions for games lately. No bobble-heads no cups. Nothing to cheer for. My sons were at the game going horse screaming and booing and what did they get a bull horn with out a hawks symbol or word anywhere. I have been to about 6 games this year and have only seen them shoot t-shirts once. I have a room full of free stuff from games of past but this year all I have is a car flag a towel and a new Dominique bobble head that came with a $50 purchase. We need more free stuff and that always gets the crowd going.