• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hey Dolfan

I see the Yankees go Jeff Weaver today.His win/loss record

looks worse than it really is due to Detroit not giving him good

run support.

http://msn.espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0705/1402651.html

Do you think you can beat the Braves in the WS this year?

Clemens

Pettite

Mussina

Weave

Wells

That is a hellva rotation.

Glavine

Maddux

MillWood

Marquis

Damien Moss

The Yankees have the better 5 men rotation, but Mike

Remlinger is a killer out of the bullpen and is Chris Hammond

and John Smoltz.

You are forgetting some people in the Yankees rotation. El Duque is a starter, and hasnt given up a run in his 10 innings back off the DL. It looks like he is finally healthy, and considering he has the best EVER ERA in the post season for any pitcher, its great to see him back. They also have Sterling Hitchcock, who either won or came very close to winning 20 games not long ago. Personally I dont like this deal because number one we gave up a very good young player in Ted Lilly and 2 top level minor league players for a guy that is very inconsistent. When is on he is one of the best pitchers in baseball.....for example, in his last 4 starts he has given up a combined 4 runs, but he gave up 7 in the start before that. He is definitely a better pitcher than his record shows, but I just think we gave up too much to get him. We also have a healthy Ramiro Mendoza and Steve Karsay in the pen, which we didnt have last year to go along with Marino Rivera and Mike Stanton.

The Braves pen is excellent no doubt, but when healthy nobody can match the Yankees pitching. Also, adding Mondesi last week was a major steal. We gave up nothing to get him and this guys is a monster. He hits for a lot of power and is very fast, plays great defense and has a cannon for an arm. I saw 2 games so far since he came over and twice I have seen him diving into first base to avoid being out. I really like this guy a lot, I am not sure what happened in Toronto but this fresh start should help him. We are unbeaten since we acquired him too. There is also some talk that the Boss wants a LF because they dont want to depend on the health of Rondell White and so they are trying to offer Shane Spencer and Marcus Thames for Cliff Floyd or Brian Giles. If that happens MLB can give the Yankees the ring now. Luckily we are pretty young because our farm is really getting depleted. We also have a very very good young OF prospect named Ruben Rivera. He got to play one or two games earlier this year but ran into a cart trying to catch a fly ball and screwed up his knee. In the farm the Yanks have Brandon Claussen, one of the highest touted lefties in the minors, plus Adreian "El Duqecito" Hernandez, who is El Duques cousin and of course they have Drew Henson down in Triple A getting ready. The Yankees should be able to run away with the American League with one more move to fix the LF position.

Noway you guys get Cliff Floyd without giving up atleast something

decent.Sterling Hitchcock was a one hit wonder though and isn't

dependable.

Floyd is going to be traded before the deadline. The Marlins arent going to pay him and not many teams can afford him. Macrus Thames is a VERY good young prospect. He homered in his first ever MLB game against Randy Johnson on national TV last month, so its not like they arent getting a good player for him, plus Shane Spencer isnt terrible, he just isnt really good. They are also talking about getting Jose Cruz Jr from Toronto, but I dont think he is that much of an upgrade.

Hitchchock isnt a great starter, but he is pretty reliable. He is a very good pitcher out of the bullpen also, which is where the Yanks are gonna use him. He just isnt starter material on the Yankees.

• Admin

But Pettite isn't the pettite of old. Clemmens has slipped every year he's been a yankee, nobody fears him. Mussina is only slightly above average now and over his career. Wells, is slipping away too. You can say that they are a "helluva rotation" but the proof is in the pudding. David Wells is the only guy they ahve with an ERA under 4. That's not good.

Looking at the win/loss record for a pitcher is meaningless. Look at the stats that count if you want to judge them. ERA, BAVG, IP. That's what counts. Coming out of the AL, wins and losses mean even less because of the DH.

Until someone beats them though they are still the best in the American League and have been for a long time. Come playoff time there wont be a better rotation in baseball, there never is. They just ran into a train last year in Schilling/Johnson.......this year the Yankees offense is so much better that not even the D-Backs of last year could stop them. Its going to be another sad year to be a Braves fan frown.gif

The Braves have a 1992 magic feel about them everyone coming

big and guys playing past their potential.I don't know if the Yankees

will be able to beat them this year.

Hey the Yankees team that year, which isnt nearly as good as this years team........beat that Braves team, which was much better than this years team. The Yankees really stole that title that year on the Leyritz 3 run homer, and pretty much changed how the 90s might have turned out. That was one of the biggest homeruns in baseball history.

I'm not so sure....IF Gary has a strong second half you have Castia/

Andruw/Chipper/Sheffield who all are going to drive in 100 RBI's.Furcal

has been brillant as of late.the Bullpen has been the biggest key due

to innings pitched.Damion Moss reminds me ALOT of Tom Glavine with

how he pitches.This guys objective was to be like Tom without a

shadow of a doubt.

I haven't been a Braves fan since 1992...Not even when they won the

World Series in 1995.I thought the team lost it's heart after than 1992

season.

I wouldnt depend on Sheffield. He has never been a clutch player, and he has never lived up to his potential IMO. I think he is on the downside of his career and he is getting there quickly, although lately his bat has picked up some. The Pen is definitely the strength of the team now. Its funny because if the old 90s teams had this bullpen the 90's may have turned out drastically different.

I just saw on ESPN that they are saying Floyd may be on his way to Montreal very soon. With them adding Colon and maybe Floyd, you guys are going to have a serious run for your money, plus you have to beat Arizona to get out of the NL. It should be very interesting this year to say the least.

Hey and if you guys want to keep moving Chipper all around, the Yankees will be more than happy to take him and make him their regular 3rd baseman. I bet we would even give up Henson in a package for him.

IF Kevin Brown is healthy the Dbacks will not get pasted

the Dodgers this year.They are too old.They done well

last year,but the Dbacks will not make the WS again.

In the last series the Dodgers destroyed the Dbacks.I

think beating boht Schilling and Johnson and held them

22 scoreless innings.

"I just saw on ESPN that they are saying Floyd may be on

his way to Montreal very soon. With them adding Colon

and maybe Floyd"

I dunno...they are awfully far back.Like 10 games.The Braves

aren't my team,they are just on so much.I'd probably prefer

to watch the Dodgers.

"Hey and if you guys want to keep moving Chipper all around, "

He seems to be doing fine where he is out.Funny you mention

Gary never gets the big hit.Dad critisizes Chipper Jones more