• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The DDT 6/19....

Diesel

• Premium Member

First a bit of explaination.

I happen to believe that We have already decided to trade our first round pick. No doubt in my mind. Why aren't we looking at Probable first rounders?

So my DDT focuses on what could probably be... Especially if McDavid is made owner and Dunleavy Coach.

Grob/#21 to Dallas for NVE.

Followed by JT(SNT)/Nazr to LAL for George/Fox/Rush.

Our new Squad would be:

Theo/Willis

SAR/Hendu

George/Fox/CC

Glover/Rush

NVE/Dickau

Explaination.

Our goal is to become more athletic.

First the Dallas trade.

Grob goes to Dallas, gives them a solid scorer at the SF. Finley moves back to SG. Gives them a solid rebounder. I think he fits in with the game they need. Nash is a good enough ball handler to make Grob's game come alive along with Dirk's and Finley's. It would really be a monster team. Plus, his contract is shorter than NVE and his knees are a lot better. The other part to that is that they get the 21st pick. Nellie and Donnie have always been very astute when it comes to foriegn talent. I think that this would be their opportunity to get somebody who can be a help player at SG. Diaw?

The Lakers trade is simple too. They would love to have Nazr for PF and JT as PG. JT would secure their Backcourt. Nazr would secure their frontcourt by adding a true rebounder.

We get George and Fox. George is the future, Fox is in the last year of his contract. We also get Rush. Another player who is the future. Because NVE is such a good shooter, we have everything we need. Balance. Pick up Willis from FA for 2 years/8 million and let him be our dominant backup C. Resign Glover for the asking price and let him be our SG until he shows that he cannot do it then turn it over to Rush who I believe will be a star.

Sorry but no way is NVE and his contract worth Big Dog and the 21st pick (who should end up being a good player himself). I really dont like the Lakers deal either because while I dont know about Rush, I am certainly not that impressed with George other than his decent playoff run he had 2 years ago. I wouldnt do either of these deals.

Josh Howard will be taken in the first round and we had him in yesterday. I also believe Dante Jones and Carl English have shots at being taken in the first round. Just because these mock drafts don't have them there doesn't mean their not worthy. I believe several of the European players will fall into the secound round once all is said and done. The other answer is that the Hawks don't want to give away who they are interested in since the draft is so wide open. At #21 I believe I would take eithe Boris Diaw or Josh Howard. At #37 I would hope English is available.

• Premium Member

Nope... Howard... The ACC player of the year is second round bound. As is Jones, English, and all the rest. The truth of the matter is that the European influence on this draft has put good players like those you mention into the second round. Check any Mock Draft and tell me when you find one with Howard or D. Jones or English being placed in the first round and around 20 something?

We have been looking at 2nd round talent period.

That suggests that either our mind is made up OR we have trade thoughts about the pick. I tend to think the latter because it's hard to have your mind made up when you don't know what other teams will do.

• Premium Member

I tend to agree with you there because I think Big Dog for NVE is fair.. BUT

With the playoffs that NVE had and with the year that Big Dog have, the stocks have changed. I still believe Big Dog would be a greater asset to Dallas than NVE but who knows... I don't think Cuban cares much about Contracts either.

What if our pick is going to be involved in the so-called Iverson for SAR trade that was discussed a week or so ago.

ATL trades: SAR/21st pick/filler

PHL trades: AI/Snow

I still like this, other than we would definitely have to get rid of Grob.

ATL trades: Grob

DAL trades: Finley

-- ATL --

JT/Snow

AI/DG

Finley/DJ

Nazr/Hendu

Theo/Hendu

I think if it were SAR/JT/21st pick for AI/Snow... well, that sucks. Not only cause I want to see JT stay, but for the 21st pick. I could see SAR/JT for AI/Snow and would almost be completely fine with it. I mean, AI is a SUPERSTAR. Maybe save that 21st pick for the Dallas trade.

ATL trades: GRob/Nazr/21st

DAL trades: Finley/LaFrentz

-- ATL --

Snow/DD

AI/DG

Finley/DJ

LaFrentz/Hendu

Theo/Hendu