• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A little Tribute to Soth

Johann

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Oscar Robertson.

Hall of Famer, no doubt. Great, great player.

I'm no expert on him.. Just saw him at the tail end of his career, when he was in Milwaukee with Kareem. He was fantastic. A great passer, but I would put him more at the 2. He was at the stage of his career then, that Nash is now.

You can't really compare players from different eras but I was fortunate to see Oscar Robertson in his prime and I'd have a hard time putting Magic ahead of him. Oscar didn't quite have Magic's vision and flair but he was close. However, he was a much better scorer, rebounder and defender. He could do everything that you'd want a player to do and, he was a great guy.

His stats from the '61-62' season:

30.8 points, 12.5 rebounds, and 11.4 assists per game-an average of a triple-double for an entire season. Not even Magic Johnson or Larry Bird could match those numbers.

Not taking anything from Magic, Stockton or Nash - he's the standard that all PGs should measured against - just one man's opinion.

...and your opinion is right on the money. I highly doubt that there will ever be another player, nevermind a PG, who will average a triple-double over an entire season. That's just crazy. cool.gif

Not that you can really go wrong with any of the aforementioned guys, but I'm gonna toss Gary Payton's name out there as one of the all-time great point guards. He gave Stockton everything he could handle and then some in the 1996 Western Finals. The Glove defined getting it done on both ends of the court.