• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Need help thinking of a trade...

mattlanta

Hey, guys. It's another one of my NBA 2k8 trade ideas again, and I'm wondering if you guys can help me out by thinking of a blockbuster trade if I want to get rid of these players, you can choose as many/as least as you can:

-Marvin Williams

-Josh Childress

-Anthony Johnson

-Speedy Claxton

-Tyronn Lue

-Salim Stoudemire/Shelden

Any ideas on how to improve this team? I didn't start the Association yet, but I'm just thinking of how I should trade these players away first because I don't like playing with them. Marvin never makes shots, Childress is too slow, AJ is too slow/no jump shot, Speedy and Tyronn are decent, but they seem like good trade pieces, and Salim/Shelden seem like good trade pieces as well.

Remember, this is NBA 2k8. I'm not talking about real life here. I'm just askin for a little advice from a more educated Hawks fan. Thanks.

Quote:

Hey, guys. It's another one of my NBA 2k8 trade ideas again, and I'm wondering if you guys can help me out by thinking of a blockbuster trade if I want to get rid of these players, you can choose as many/as least as you can:

-Marvin Williams

-Josh Childress

-Anthony Johnson

-Speedy Claxton

-Tyronn Lue

-Salim Stoudemire/Shelden

Any ideas on how to improve this team? I didn't start the Association yet, but I'm just thinking of how I should trade these players away first because I don't like playing with them. Marvin never makes shots, Childress is too slow, AJ is too slow/no jump shot, Speedy and Tyronn are decent, but they seem like good trade pieces, and Salim/Shelden seem like good trade pieces as well.

Remember, this is NBA 2k8. I'm not talking about real life here. I'm just askin for a little advice from a more educated Hawks fan. Thanks.

Personally, I think it's more of a challenge to try to win with the current group of Hawks, than to make a trade and make the game easy.

I'll tell you how to play with each guy.

- Marvin: Use him as a catch-and-shoot guy. As soon as you pass him the ball, immeadiately take your jumper, even if he's moving. Never try to create a jumper with a man on Marvin.

- Chill: Take everything to the hole. If you get to the rim, he'll normally dunk it. If he's in the corner for the 3, take it and see if he knocks the shot down.

- AJ: You shouldn't be playing him at all, but if you do, use him the same way you'd use Marvin. He's a catch-and-shoot guy.

- Salim: If you find him in transition, he can and will knock down the open 3. If he hits 2 in a row, keep going to him. If he misses 2 in a row, go away from him. It's almost like the game knows that he's streaky.

- Speedy: If you get in the lane, he'll occasionaly hit the short jumper. Otherwise, take everything to the hole.

- Lue: Lue has a pretty good mid-range shot. He'll make that shot often. Don't get 3-happy with Lue.

- Shelden: Offensive rebound putbacks with him. Use JJ or Law to set him up for dunks.

Challenge yourself man. Put the game on the hardest level, and see if you can win with this year's Hawks. LOL . . see exactly what Woody has to put up with.

Quote:

I'll tell you what i love about the association mode, and what i find successful...

Wait til the trade deadline and trade for bad teams picks(if its a good draft class especially)

I usually prefer that than making blockbuster trades...unless you can get kevin durant

Yeah, Kevin Durant is a beast in the game. So is Horford though, so I'm happy. laugh.gif

For some reason, Acie Law is the leading rebounder of my team. frown.gif