• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Bibby

cam1218

• Premium Member

I really don't post much (which is obvious by my post count) but this trade has got me excited. I have lurked these boards for a long time, and I enjoy reading what all of my fellow Hawk faithful have to say about our team. I know all of us don't really agree with the deal, but Bibby is a pretty good point guard. I know we all wish we could get a Kobe, or a Lebron to play on our team, but this isn't NBA live 2K8. We got an experienced point guard who is a leader, and has won big playoff games. Plus we got him for players we really don't care about losing. I'm sure most of us can agree that T Lue, AJ, Lorenzen, and Shelden won't be missed too much. Shelden was a wasted pick. However, the past is the past, and we have to make due with what we have to work with. Plus, don't forget when the Kings got Bibby, he helped them reached the western conference finals in 2001-2002.

Think about this. Last year we were hoping the Hawks would get lucky in the lottery, and get a top three pick so we could keep our pick. We got Horford, and we got to keep the pick from the Indiana trade. That was HUGE for us. The same for the year before we hoped to just keep our lottery pick. We have been stuck hoping we could get a good draft pick(even though the pick hasn't been right all the time) for so long now. Now we have something besides a draft pick to get excited about. We got Joe Johnson, which was a huge upgrade, but this is the first trade in a LONG time showing that we are serious about winning now. We got AJ for a second rounder, but was that a move showing we were trying to make the playoffs last year? No. Personally, I feel this is a great time to be a Hawks fan. I've waited for the longest time to relive the days of Smitty, Mookie, and Deke waving his finger. We might have never won anything big with those teams, but we always won more than we lost(having MJ on the bulls didn't help much, either). So thank you ASG, for improving our team. However, we aren't done yet. Smith needs to be locked up, and we still could use another outside shooting treat or another decent big. This is a step in the right direction- and for the Hawks, a step in the right direction is something new.

Joe Johnson is excited, and I'm sure the rest of the squad that is still here is too. We might actually see Smith get some easy dunks, Joe get some easy shots, Marvin getting more wide open jumpers(which seems to be his only offensive game so far), and Horford getting the ball in a better position to score down low. The Hawks might actually be a team that could WIN a few games in the PLAYOFFS. When is the last time we have thought that?

Good post, please post more!

I think for me, besides the things you mentioned, is that Mike Bibby provides a really nice mentor for Law. Bibby is the type of PG that Law hopes he can grow up and be someday. Really Bibby is sort of the prototype for Acie. Law probably won't be the greatest distributor ever (like Mike), but if he gets his shot going and his eye for the clutch returns, you can see some similarities in what they are capable of doing. I still think and hope that Law is the future down the road.

Quote:

I really don't post much (which is obvious by my post count) but this trade has got me excited. I have lurked these boards for a long time, and I enjoy reading what all of my fellow Hawk faithful have to say about our team. I know all of us don't really agree with the deal, but Bibby is a pretty good point guard. I know we all wish we could get a Kobe, or a Lebron to play on our team, but this isn't NBA live 2K8. We got an experienced point guard who is a leader, and has won big playoff games. Plus we got him for players we really don't care about losing. I'm sure most of us can agree that T Lue, AJ, Lorenzen, and Shelden won't be missed too much. Shelden was a wasted pick. However, the past is the past, and we have to make due with what we have to work with. Plus, don't forget when the Kings got Bibby, he helped them reached the western conference finals in 2001-2002.

Think about this. Last year we were hoping the Hawks would get lucky in the lottery, and get a top three pick so we could keep our pick. We got Horford, and we got to keep the pick from the Indiana trade. That was HUGE for us. The same for the year before we hoped to just keep our lottery pick. We have been stuck hoping we could get a good draft pick(even though the pick hasn't been right all the time) for so long now. Now we have something besides a draft pick to get excited about. We got Joe Johnson, which was a huge upgrade, but this is the first trade in a LONG time showing that we are serious about winning now. We got AJ for a second rounder, but was that a move showing we were trying to make the playoffs last year? No. Personally, I feel this is a great time to be a Hawks fan. I've waited for the longest time to relive the days of Smitty, Mookie, and Deke waving his finger. We might have never won anything big with those teams, but we always won more than we lost(having MJ on the bulls didn't help much, either). So thank you ASG, for improving our team. However, we aren't done yet. Smith needs to be locked up, and we still could use another outside shooting treat or another decent big. This is a step in the right direction- and for the Hawks, a step in the right direction is something new.

Joe Johnson is excited, and I'm sure the rest of the squad that is still here is too. We might actually see Smith get some easy dunks, Joe get some easy shots, Marvin getting more wide open jumpers(which seems to be his only offensive game so far), and Horford getting the ball in a better position to score down low. The Hawks might actually be a team that could WIN a few games in the PLAYOFFS. When is the last time we have thought that?

Good post bro!

I think this addition is big both talent wise for our overall team, and spark wise. After losing their last 4 games, this team needed a spark...

• Premium Member

"This is another huge step for us," Johnson told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "You're talking about a guy who can make shots and can run a team. He embodies all the things we've wanted in a veteran point guard, and he's also a guy that's known for taking and making big shots."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgKA...ov=st&type=lgns