• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk going live in a few minutes

Admin

Quote:

Mike Bibby ruins the banner [third time I have to say this]. He doesn't fit in with the rest of the pics. And the uniform transfer looks awkward... very awkward. That's just my opinion though.

That can be fixed pretty easily as soon as we get some in-game photos of bibby. I am so glad this new look is done very professionally. It's definitely going to attract more people to post here!

Please let me know if you find anything that doesn't seem right or you have questions about anything. Also please feel free to post in the "Help/Questions" forums as there are lots of helpful members on here that should be willing to answer questions.

That's understandable. Personally I like PHPBB the best but UBB is what we use here. That may change in the future but there isn't much reason for it right now.

If you wouldn't mind, what are some of the things that you like about vBulletin? There might be some things we can do to make changes to this.

excellent job....was caught off guard for a moment thought i went to the wrong site

Very clean, very modern and professional looking. Sharp. I like it. Will take some getting used to with the post lists but not because they are bad, they are different is all.

I like it, nice addition of Bibby in there. Word.

Thanks Doc. The site has come a long way in the past 1.5 months since we started BETA testing it with the top 10 posters and most, if not all, of them had really good suggestions to make it better so they deserve a lot of credit for helping find mistakes and what not.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys did on the new look. I like it very much. Easier to read in some ways. Clean looking too.

Just curious, are there any new "features" I should be looking for or are the changes all in the "look?" That is plenty, don't get me wrong. Just wanted to know if I should be playing with any new "toys" that may have been added. Don't have any in mind. Thanks again!!

The chat is up there now if you all want to mess around with that. It's completely Flash based so everybody should be able to log in now ... I was one of the people who could never log in so hopefully now we will have a lot more people in the chat.

As for new features, hmm ... well the smilies are now in a full popup window so that they only load when you want them to. You can leave that window open all the time once you have it opened and you can use it anytime you are posting or replying.

The scoreboard under the nav is new. Once the games have started you can click on each game and view the courtside live feature from nba.com.

On the homepage I borrowed the idea for the calendar from hawks.com and you can go back and view recaps from all of our games.

There are hawks players widgets on the homepage, plus the a-town dancers, and various news links.

Oh and anytime you are viewing a post you can click the remove caps button to uhh, remove the caps from that post.

Quote:

That's understandable. Personally I like PHPBB the best but UBB is what we use here. That may change in the future but there isn't much reason for it right now.

If you wouldn't mind, what are some of the things that you like about vBulletin? There might be some things we can do to make changes to this.

It's nothing major really, just some of the little nuances in how things look. I'm not a big fan of the collapsing threads, but it's something fixed with a button click.

Basically just the general layout, PHPBB is good also like you said. I like having a little more spacing between threads and whatnot. I think the way it is currently makes the board look cluttered.

I can live with it, I'm just picky to a fault over dumb things lol