• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IT'S PAINFULLY CLEAR -- WE NEED A FREAKING CENTER

BHayley

How many times in that 1st quarter did Gasol and Odom get into the lane with ease? Horford and Smoove isn't enough.

Let's rid ourselves of the heartless, dispassionate, charge-committing Marvin Williams. Seriously, he had his good Seattle game, didn't do jacksh!t before that dating back to December, and hasn't done anything lately besides hurt us.

4 points on 2-8 shooting? Is that what your #2 pick does? 3-16, 2-15 shooting nights?

Billy Knight, rid yourself of your cursed picks (you already got rid of Shelden), and get this clown off our team while teams still think he's good. Milwaukee will take him, Seattle will take him. I don't care if we get ripped off. Get a 7 footer somehow. And MikeWIlkesBooth, I don't want to hear it.

In that 2nd quarter, did anyone here honestly think we're finish the game with more than 40 points? Bibby better do something tonight

Quote:

How many times in that 1st quarter did Gasol and Odom get into the lane with ease? Horford and Smoove isn't enough.

Let's rid ourselves of the
heartless, dispassionate, charge-committing
Marvin Williams. Seriously, he had his good Seattle game, didn't do jacksh!t before that dating back to December, and hasn't done anything lately besides hurt us.

4 points on 2-8 shooting? Is that what your #2 pick does? 3-16, 2-15 shooting nights?

Billy Knight, rid yourself of your cursed picks (you already got rid of Shelden), and get this clown off our team while teams still think he's good. Milwaukee will take him, Seattle will take him. I don't care if we get ripped off. Get a 7 footer somehow. And MikeWIlkesBooth, I don't want to hear it.

In that 2nd quarter, did anyone here honestly think we're finish the game with more than 40 points? Bibby better do something tonight

I agree 100% that we need a backup center. When Al goes out with early fouls, out team goes into the sh*tter. Zaza is horrible and Solo is too weakand inexperienced. I just dont know if trading Marvin is the answer. I admit lately he hasn't looked so good. Some games he just disappears out there. Now that we have another shooter in Bibby, we could possibly afford to get rid of Marvin for a Big.

In the 41 games he played before getting kneed in the thigh versus the Clippers, he averaged 16.8 ppg, 5.95 rbg and 1.9 apg while shooting 51% from the field.

In the 9 games he has played since being kneed in the thigh, he has averaged 12.3 ppg, 4.56 rbg and 1.6 apg while shooting 35% from the field.

Sekour wrote this in one of his Hawks' Reports on February 3rd after the NJ game:

Quote:

Hawks forward Marvin Williams played through the pain in his right leg Saturday night, knowing that what's at stake every night is far more important than a little discomfort. "I got kneed in the thigh against the Clippers," Williams said. "He got me pretty good, too. But I've got to play through this." Hawks coach Mike Woodson said he'll have to monitor Williams' minutes to make sure...

The injury has CLEARLY limited Marvin's mobility and it clearly is affecting his ability to get to the basket. He has not shot a single free throw in 3 of our last 4 games despite the fact that he ranks #22 in the entire NBA in FT attempts.

All of you who are so anxious to get rid of him and JJ because they are struggling while trying to play through injuries need to get a clue. When Marv gets healthy, I have no doubt he will return to the extremely productive guy he was for the first half of the season.

There is always "when" and "if" when it comes to this team. Lots of players play hurt. However, the difference is that MW doesn't do jack for your team if he is not scoring. He is a more athletic Glenn Robinson. Next year it will be something else with these guys. He only played in 63 games last year.

Honestly, I don't give a damn if he's hurt or not. That's part of the game. Being hurt didn't stop Kobe from kicking @ss last night.

That Marvin is nothing more than a slightly above average player. He is mediocre in every part of his game maybe with the exception of his mid-range jumper. He is totally non-aggressive in the way he plays the game. That being said we shouldn't trade him for junk, but its becoming obvious we should also never expect him to be a 1st tier type of player.