• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Someone put a muzzle on Gearon.

DJ_Money

He was just on 790, sounding like a fool.

Says that he never spoke to the AJC yesterday. But then launched into his usual "We don't discuss these private meetings." rant...if you don't want to talk, don't put yourself out there, Michael.

Sounded very defensive. I think he truly believe that the Bibby trade gives them a "pass" for the last 5+ years...

He says there's no financial problems, no problems within the remaining ownership group, etc., etc.

Same crap we've heard for years? You'd be a fool to believe anything coming out of this clown's mouth...

That interview was an absolute joke. The hosts did not push the issue like I was hoping. All Gearon said was that he did not contribute to the article. He did not deny that BK asked for Woody's head. He simply said that it's an in-house issue that won't be discussed publicly. He sounded very smug and arrogant. Said that a fan was "not sophisticated" if he thinks that the number of owners contributes to how the operation is run. Suggested that fans should know that one of the original owners died last year.

All we know is that this team makes a move about as often as a lunar eclipse, while struggling to approach a consistent level of competitiveness. He talked about how they consistently evaluate BK and Woody (and the players). How can they evaluate these guys and actively decide to continue to hand them a paycheck every 2 weeks? And he used the Bibby trade as an example of their commtiment to building a winning team. Oh, great. Make a move every 3 years for a guy with about 110 games left on his contract and tell us that they are truly dedicated to bringing a winner.

Oh yeah. He also suggested that because Josh Smith has turned out better than JR Smith, that Woody should keep his job. Please excuse me while I puke in the trash can.

I don't know what is worse, the ASG or the local sports media's coverage of the Hawks.