• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Well I feel better now

HawkTodd

I have a feeling, though unconfirmed, that his MVP was from the french B league he was playing in last year before his promotion to the A league this year. Admittedly, I'm not really up on my french leagues and their arrangements. But if that's true, it's like being MVP in AAA baseball (at a young age).

Yeah, but Diaw's game appears similar to Newble, and we won a lot more with Newble on the floor than with Robinson. Consequently, we Newble playing with Reef and JT, we won with only two real scorers.

I don't see the addition of Diaw as a problem at all. He simply replaces Newble, or perhaps comes in behind Newble off the bench.

Ira was playing alongside another aggressive scorer in Glover. Instead, he would be playing alongside Diaw who is known as being too unselfish. HUGE difference. Playing alonside Diaw, Ira might actually be our 3rd option and scoring is not his strength.

Traceman,

Glover is NOT a scorer. Scoring may be his best skill, but he is FAR from a legit scorer.

He is completely out of control. He puts his head down and doesn't see the floor. He is selfish. He has a poor jump shot.

The reason Dion looked decent last year is that teams probably didn't scout him very hard and were not scared of what he could do. If we keep him and start him this coming year... he'll be essentially useless.

His move is FAR too repetitive. People will put it on lockdown. He doesn't have a true jumper to keep people honest, so ... in my estimation, unless he works out his jumper, he's a plug.

Ira had a better looking jumper last year, compared to Glover. I think people were too impressed by Dion's performance at the end of the year. He just isn't that impressive.

Play.

That's not true. Glover did work on his shot, he started shooting pretty well from behind the arc toward the end of the season. He was hitting the open jump shot when left open. He became a little too comfortable sitting behind the 3point line. I remember Mike Glenn stating that even thought his shootin had improve he still didn't need to forget his slashing game. I will agree with you however that Glove does play out of control at times when he puts his head down and drives but with his strength and size there aren't too many people who can stop him one on one when he drives. The only thing that might happen is the ref's end up calling glover for an offensive foul when it isn't even his fault.

Blunt,

He did work on his shot. But, it was no where near what I would call consistent.

It isn't something I would have faith in or rely on.

As for Dion's slashing game, he only shashes WITH the ball. Hendu is the only guy on the team that moves well without the ball.

Glove might end up being great, I mean, he has the skills. But, I don't like his style of play. It is one-on-one basketball from the gaurd spot. It's sloppy. It's ugly. It's selfish.

It is why the Euro's look better than our kids.

Play.

Glover is pretty much exactly like Stephen Jackson on the Spurs this year. He plays somewhat out of control, making bad decisions. He can be on, and when so, those out of control drives and ill concieved shots go in...and you gasp and then say yes. Manu did that at times as well. Problem is, our offense isn't as stable and methodical enough for those "problems" to appear as bright spots...

Glover's more than likely gone...but it might depend on DJ. Glove can play sg...Ira really can't - he doesn't have the handles or driving ability.

This offseason's goign to be really interesting...I have a feeling that trades (in the L, not particularly with the Hawks) are imminent as so many teams took what they percieved to be the best player available at the time, without a lot of weight given to how they'd fit into the system (see Wade in Miami). So many teams have so many question marks (GP n the Bucks, Kidd in NJ, Reggie, JO, & Miller in Indy..the list goes on).