• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Well I feel better now

HawkTodd

Well I feel better now, knowing the situation with Lampe. I kept wandering why he was not getting drafted, thats un-fortunate the situation with his contract and what not. I figured he would be the first pick in the 2nd round because there is no guranteed contract in that spot. That could turn out to be a real steal for the Knicks. Well at least now we understand what was happening.

Go Hawks,

Todd

I don't like the fact that he apparently doesn't move well....i.e....isn't very athletic.

He didn't fit what we need.

Despite what some people think, Diaw does bring what we need: Defense, athleticism, and ball handling.

KB21,

I agree.

I think he was the best pick left at 21. And you never know what moves lay ahead for us.

But, at 21 ... I think he is EXACTLY what we need.

What did we complain about all year? Lack of a ball handler. Check. Defender. Check. Passer. Check. Someone to compliment JTs lack of size. Check.

This allows us to rid ourselves of big load and put Ira in at SF.

Starting lineup ...

C - Theo

PF - Reef

SF - Ira

SG - Terry

PG - Boris

I like it. And you never know what else is in store.

The only thing I think he REALLY lacks is flash. I doubt we will see many AMAZING plays, but I think we'll see smart ones. Check that, I hope we do.

Play.

That lineup will not scare ANYONE. All teams have to do is double Reef and put their best perimeter defender on JT. Who is supposed to be the 3rd option? Ira? Ira's shooting percentage was so good because all he had to do was knock down open shots. I'm not knocking him for that, that is what he was SUPPOSED to do. But if he is actually EXPECTED to score, how effective would he be?

If Diaw shoots as poorly as advertised, Dog had better stick aorund or we had better play Glove or DJ at SG and Diaw at SF.

You know, I look at the stats, and I'm trying to find where Diaw's poor shooting is. The guy shot 55% from the field. Over the past two years, he's only taken 30 three pointers. He's a better shooter than his teammate, Mickael Pietrus. Diaw is just a guy who would rather find the open man than shoot the ball right now.

you can't go on shooting percentage alone. What if the vast majority of his points come from dunks? I don't know that to be the case but 30 3's in 2 years says to me that he didn't attempt a lot of them.

I'm not sure I buy that he'd rather pass than score stuff on this guy. Hopefully, he will be more aggressive because if he doesn't play aggressivley in this league and he can't shoot, he won't make it.

My Lineup:

P.G. = Boris Diaw

S.G. = Jason Terry

S.F. = Glenn Robinson

P.F. = Abdur-Rahim

C. = Theo Ratliff

That looks like a really good lineup on paper, although we learned last year whats on paper doesn't always work out. I think if we can get a couple free agents to beef up our bench and I also think that gettin DeMarr would help us as well. Hopefully with a year together the team can perform better. Heres to hoping.

Go Hawks,

Todd

yeah, though I'm ben outspoken in supporting Ira at the three, I'd rather go young with something like JT, Ira(DJ), Diaw, SAR, Theo...get Rice as a bu player taht can come in when we need something else off the bench. Diaw's a three....

PG: Jason Terry

SG: DerMarr Johnson

SF: Boris Diaw

PF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim

C: Theo Ratliff

That would be the lineup defensively and on offense Diaw may get some action at point foward. Im not sure what Big Dog will be traded for but he better be traded. That team wont have very much offense but hopefully they can make up for it with defense. Last year I believe we were 9-4 without big dog and we probably started JT/Glover/Newble/Reef/Ratliff. That team isn't much better offensively. Hopefully Glover will be back as a spark off the bench. With Diaw versatility and Johnson spreading the floor with his perimeter play offensively, maybe that will open it up for other players. That lineup has the potential to be really good defensively.

someone refresh me on the Houston trade and it's prospects after tonight's draft. Would y'all, in all honestly, be willing to try the team of JT/DG/Diaw(Ira bu both swing)/SAR/Theo with Rice off the bench? possibly, though less likely of the three, resignign DJ to the min (I really don't like how quite things have been on him).

I like some of the proposed deals, but tell you a lineup I will like also is JT/Dion/Diaw/Reef/Theo, that wouldnt be so bad, we have 2 very good scorers and a good one in Dion. Dio really played very good after the allstar break, when he started getting playing time. I say we should deal Big Dog and bring Spree in or maybe Eddie Jones.

Diaw is a good slasher but in the offense the Pau Orthez ran (half court iso) he didn't get many oppertunities to play his kind of game.

Diaw is

-french league MVP

-french league slam dunk champion

and his pass first mentality is a needed change of pace compared to sir-chuck-a-lot-Grob

It's actually quite a good league, he won the MVP award because of his presence on the court, he's a difference maker.

Don't be misguided by the assist stat, assist are given less easily then in the NBA. You have to either catch and shoot or practically immediately go into the two step for scoring. He sets people up for the easy extra pass and score.

Besides, he re4ally is a great passer, loved by the team and hotlanta when you see him mature you'll love him.