• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I stole Woodson's playbook last night.

thefloydian

There was only one page. I will describe it below:

1. Either Bibby brings the ball up and passes to Joe, or Joe brings the ball up.

2. Joe makes a weak-ass stab move which is intended to break the defenders ankles.

3. The stab move never works, for obvious reasons.

4. Joe holds the ball over his head and looks for cutters that never come.

5. Joe waits for the shot clock to hit 6 or so and takes a three, preferably while fading away with someone in his face.

6. Don't get back on defense and repeat after the other team gets a dunk off an outlet pass.

Quote:

There was only one page. I will describe it below:

1. Either Bibby brings the ball up and passes to Joe, or Joe brings the ball up.

2. Joe makes a weak-ass stab move which is intended to break the defenders ankles.

3. The stab move never works, for obvious reasons.

Contingency plan: If the double team comes, don't get discouraged...stay the course and go on to number 4 anyway

Quote:

4. Joe holds the ball over his head and looks for cutters that never come.

Remember, double teams aren't real. They can't hurt you. They're like monsters in the closet. Keep going...

Quote:

5. Joe waits for the shot clock to hit 6 or so and takes a three, preferably while fading away with someone in his face.

6. Don't get back on defense and repeat after the other team gets a dunk off an outlet pass.

You forgot play #2, have Josh Smith bring the ball up ignoring Bibby who is satnding right next to him when he rebounds the ball and go 1 on 4 and turn it over and over and over and over. Sometimes Horford gets to run this play as well

Quote:

i could not agree more. it does seem like jj always takes a fadeaway instead of passing to an open man

JJ NEVER hits on fadeaways! I wish he would realize that. Next game look out for it and you'll see what I mean. HE NEVER MAKES FADEAWAYS!!!!!

Quote:

You forgot play #2, have Josh Smith bring the ball up ignoring Bibby who is satnding right next to him when he rebounds the ball and go 1 on 4 and turn it over and over and over and over. Sometimes Horford gets to run this play as well

i noticed that josh smith never brings the ball up when bibby is in the game but always when salim is in.

well i think the reason that Josh and Horford bring the ball up sometime is that it's a good way to get a fast break started to get a mismatch. When you have bigs who can do that, it's an advantage.

The problem is they do it at moments when the other team is back and it would provide no advantage. Conversely when the other team is back, they have more players to steal the ball or cause a turnover.

I think both of them should still LOOK to do it but if they see it provides no advantage then they should pass it off. The do have a unique skill to do it though so it should be used WHEN AVAILABLE.

This the inconsistency of our youth and the lack of tutelage by our coach.