• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: Dermarr's chances of returning....

Assuming KB's theory is correct and Knight has a vision

of long athletic players,(This fits DJ's discription)what do

you think of his chances returning to the team?

I vote maybe due to the questions surrounding his health and any future problems the injury may cause.

However, I do feel that he will get a chance to show the Hawks what he can do in the Summer League. I'm sure he'll be at rookie camp in two weeks when the Boston Summer League starts.

It should be real interesting to watch that as well. Imagine Johnson and Diaw in the back court at the same time. That's two 6-9 guards, and that will cause a lot of mismatches offensively and defensively.

I really feel the Hawks missed DerMarr's defense this past season. He was easily the Hawks best perimeter defender and could guard the opposition's best swingman. He also extended the defense with his three point shot. The Hawks missed him more than anyone realizes, IMO. He wasn't/isn't a star (though athletically, he could be), but he did the little things.

Imagine trying to shoot over 6-9 Diaw and 6-9 Johnson from the perimter. Now, imagine if you added a 6-10 small forward like Darius Rice next season.

I also think you will see 7-0 power forward David Andersen play for the Hawks in the Boston Summer League as well, so the Hawks should have some height out there.

I truly hope that DJ a) comes back with all of his abilities intact and without much mental damage on going to the hole, and b) that in this time when he really couldn't dunk much (take the impact) that he worked on his handles, range shot, and a one dribble pull up J and/or the stepback J.

If his athleticism comes back in full or at least 90%, and he worked on the weaker aspects of his game, he could still prove to be a force in this league. That's the upside...the down, well, he's been there this past season.

I just dont' know how to take no new on DJ...someone knows something. We're not even getting Grant Hill type predictions here.

It's not fair to judge Dj based on the summer league. I mean if I am trying to make sure that I am availible for my career. I would take it easy to make sure I can get my big payday. Why chance an injury and end it all once and for all.

I know that this is expected from me, but I think Dan will do much better than last season. He can only go up from where he was. He did show flashes of what could be (16 points against Golden State, 8 points and 10 assists against Dallas, 6 points and 4 assists in only 11 minutes against Chicago.) As I've said before, he's never been a player who's taken well to "failure." He's a player that will work insanely hard throughout the summer to guarantee that there is not a repeat of last year.