• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Bibby is garbage

Plainview1981

he's playing bad ball right now and he's hurt but hopefully he can get some rest or if not, just play through it and help this team out..thats all we can hope for because at this point, there is no more answers. Law could help out but if the Hawks go to the playoffs, you gotta think Bibby would have to see more time than Law. But i agree that we should give Acie some more time. Common Coach!

Quote:

Wow. He is playing hurt and playing poorly yet Woody still plays him 41 minutes. Woody's stupidity is leaving me at a loss for words.

Not just 41 minutes, but key moments when we need a stop. Like the last few seconds of the half. Stoppage of play, JJ picks up foul number two, in comes West. Perfect opportunity to put in Acie or anyone really, but instead leaves possibly our biggest defensive liability in the game. Freakin brilliant.

There was a post by a SAC fan not too long ago about Bibby, sayin he's only good for every 5 games. I didnt want to believe it but he had his good game monday and sucked tonight. I was at the game, he killed the momentum when he missed that lay up. On one play he was just hanging around the paint by himself and his man hit a wide open 3. I hope its just a fluke and the 1 in 5 game theory is not true.

Quote:

How many clutch shots did he make for Vancouver?

how many clutch GAMES did vancouver play in their illustrious history? Sac thought enough of Bibby to trade J-Dub for him, who at the time was at the peak of his hype machine and a top marketing piece in the league.

It was obvious who got the best of that swap...

Quote:

Wow. He is playing hurt and playing poorly yet Woody still plays him 41 minutes.

Exactly. Its not on the player to take himself out of the game. To me, he is a gamer because he is trying to play through it. It's on Woodson to determine if he is hurting more than helping, so everyone needs to get off Bibby cuz he's doing what he can.

He didnt play well tonight, but he should have had 10 dimes if not for guys blowing layups (Zaza), not finishing strong (Marvin) or getting fouled (Horf) off his feeds.

He did have 24 points against Orlando and only 1 t.o...

You guys are saying all the right things, but in bits & pieces...

- Bibby has always been a useless defender. He has average quickness, doesn't move well laterally (even when younger/health), and gives marginal effort on that end of the court.

- He has a history of nagging injuries that he often plays through, as that Sac fan mentioned in the AJC blog. This heel injury is particularly detrimental because it his severely hampering the major reason we brought him in, which is to knock down open jumpers to take some of the scoring load off JJ. If you've ever tried shooting on a sprained ankle or bruised foot, you'll know what I'm talking about. Plus, our D has been so porous recently Bibby's injury is only exacerbating these myriad issues...

- Our other options at PG are Salim and Acie. I won't get into my feeling about Salim, but suffice it to say he's not exactly a great option at the point. As for Acie, he's still not 100%, and even if he was Woody doesn't trust him -- partially for good reason b/c he looks a little lost out there at times and partly because Woody mindlessly borrowed Larry Brown's distrust of young players without truly understanding why Brown felt that way. The irony is that Law is probably tougher and a better defender than Bibby.

- Much like BK, Woody has reverted to the "we never had a serviceable PG, and now we have one" excuse, and is likely to go all in with that mentality. This means he'll go for broke with Bibby and pray that it pans out, even though we'd be better served by resting Mike in the short-term and probably should have picked up a veteran PG.

- I don't think people really understood what type of player Bibby was. He's a great shooter who mastered Adelman's system, but he's not a PG who creates for himself or others, rather he knew how to come off screens and take advantage of the high post with good passers like CWebb & Brad Miller. Mike Woodson is like the anti-Adelman.

So being the point for one the betters team in the West at the time and taking them within a cheapshot elbow by Kobe to the Finals is worthless huh? All the while hitting big shots... It isn't his fault he played on a GOOD TEAM, he played his role well. And I have never even been a Bibby fan but get real with the being garbage