• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lebron/Stevenson = Jay-Z/Souljaboy?

Admin

Did you guys hear that piece between Lebron and Deshawn Stevenson during halftime on the Wizards broadcast? I'm not sure what the hell Lebron is talking about there making that comparison saying that Stevenson talking trash is like Jay-Z talking trash about Souljaboy. I realize that Souljaboy is hot right now but damn you can't compare him to Jay-Z. Am I missing something here? Stevenson is a mediocre player at best too, which makes it all that more odd.

Quote:

Did you guys hear that piece between Lebron and Deshawn Stevenson during halftime on the Wizards broadcast? I'm not sure what the hell Lebron is talking about there making that comparison saying that Stevenson talking trash is like Jay-Z talking trash about Souljaboy. I realize that Souljaboy is hot right now but damn you can't compare him to Jay-Z. Am I missing something here? Stevenson is a mediocre player at best too, which makes it all that more odd.

I think he means,he's Jay-Z and Stevenson is Soulja Boy.He could have mixed up his words.I thought he meant Stevenson was nobody like Soulja Boy talking to a great like him aka Jay-Z.

Come on now, Soulja Boy's album has done pretty well, lot's of good songs on there. There are plenty of guys with 1 song breakouts and nothing else that are like Crawford though. You know you were the biggest Crawford fan on here too so don't hate.

Quote:

Come on now, Soulja Boy's album has done pretty well, lot's of good songs on there. There are plenty of guys with 1 song breakouts and nothing else that are like Crawford though. You know you were the biggest Crawford fan on here too so don't hate.

nah.Most of those songs were stuff he released long time ago and they still suck.Soulja Girl is the only new one I can think of off the top of my head.I'm no fan of his.He's an entertainer not an artist and he's good at what he does,he knows what the people want and he gives it,can take nothing from him,he's getting his.I may not be a fan of his music personally but I won't hate on him,he's bigger than me,while being my same age.

I can see the correlation this way:

Lebron talking trash about Stevenson is as pointless as Jay-Z talking trash about Soulja Boy. Jay-Z is so far ahead of Soulja Boy in terms of talent that it's pointless. It would be better if Jay-Z were to compare himself lyrically to a guy like Nas.

So yeah, Lebron doesn't need to talk junk about Stevenson. Lebron can go all Mercury Morris - Stevenson isn't even in the same neighborhood as Lebron in terms of talent. If you're gonna compare Lebron, he needs to be compared to a legit baller.

Quote:

there's not one good song on there...there's a couple CATCHY tunes sure but good songs, oh no.....jayz has good sonds though

Catchy tunes, good songs, whatever you want to call them ... people like them and they get a lot of play wherever you go so I would call that a success. His lyrics clearly aren't on par with Jay-Z but not many people's lyrics are. I would really like to see Jay-Z do more with Linkin Park but I doubt that they will do that again.

Quote:

I didn't see it, but I GUARANTEE Lebron was referring to himself as Jay-Z because I saw a piece on him in high school and he raved about how he was the biggest Jay-Z fan in the world.

BTW Soulja boy is a good entertainer, but he SUCKS at rap. He has absolutely nothing on Jay-Z in any sense of the form. Guarantee he's a one hit wonder.

Quote:

James said: "With DeShawn Stevenson, it's kind of funny. It's almost like Jay-Z [responding to a negative comment] made by Soulja Boy. It doesn't make sense."

I'm not sure what the part in the brackets was during the interview, I don't think he even said anything in that part which is what made it confusing. With that editor comment in there it makes complete sense.

Quote:

I hope we play Cleveland," Stevenson said. "I'm going to get Soulja Boy courtside seats and have him wear a DeShawn Stevenson jersey. Maybe (James) can have Jay-Z there since LeBron's all on his ("shorts" lol) anyway."

Stevenson wasn't done.

"And tell LeBron to cut that beard off and stop copying me."

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/