• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks playing good ball since Acie Law returns

Dexmethylphenidate

There is no doubt that we are better with Acie in there defensively than we are with Salim. I still think that Salim has value and he played better recently than he ever has for us, but he isn't nearly the defender that Acie is. I don't think it's a coincidence at all that we have started playing much better since Acie came back.

I don't think they're competing for playing time with each other. Acie is clearly the better defender and ball distributor. I'd like to see them play together and give JJ a rest late in the 3Q of games (obviously, when the situation is right). Salim's value clearly won't be realized in his last 15 games with this team. He wasn't used the right way in his first 2-3 seasons and there is no reason to believe something will change in the 11th hour of his Hawk career. When he becomes an Eddie House/Damon Jones type player for a contender next season, then we will truly understand what we could have had with Salim.

Saw this comment from a Wizards fan..

Quote:

It's amazing what a difference it is watching the game live (from about 12 feet away) versus watching on tv. On tv, I pretty much don't get distracted and I can rewind if I miss something but some things just don't come through on tv.

I don't think Songalia is a great match up for the Hawks but live in person he looked like our most physical player last night.

Watching live I saw just what a pause it was and flow interruption when AJ or someone else gets doubled and they kick it out to AD for the open 3. AD can't and shouldn't shoot the 3 and he doesn't but this causes and awkward pause in the rotations. Watching on tv I never noticed that before.

Acie Law looked really impressive live, I don't know how much he actually converted but you got the feeling he could convert almost any time he touched the ball. Bibby didn't look like much in person but he was lights out.