• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks decline to make qualifying offer to Glover!!

dickaufan12

From HAKWS.COM:

The Hawks will not extend a qualifying offer to four-year veteran guard Dion Glover, it was announced on Monday by team president Stan Kasten. Glover now becomes an unrestricted free agent at midnight Monday. "We certainly like Dion, and appreciate everything he has done for us," Hawks Director of Basketball Operations Billy Knight said.

If DJ isn't coming back for sure, I'd welcome Glover back...cause I'm not sure what other options are presented to us, we're not a good team at attracting free agents, plain and simple. If course, that relates directly to winning....

yep, and you know that was the thinking. They wouldn't mind having him back (I'm guessing), but on their terms. Using approx. half of a mce (dollar, not the real thing) on a guy who's still yet to play a full season for a team that's already over the cap is just bad business.

Good luck to Glover in finding a willing buyer. I have a feeling we may see him back here next year...but I'd advise against it, cause he's gonna be pissed with what he's making and could easily become a locker room cancer.

They'll regret this.Dion is a hellva lot better than the

two guys they got in the draft and alot better than

Dermarr.They will wish they had kept him.

The last thing that the Hawks need is another crappy defensive player with a streaky offensive game.

Knight is really starting to grow on me! (although I think that this move was a no-brainer).

He drafts two players with reputations as excellent defensive players and outstanding athletes and jettisons another defensive lollygagger!

Sign DJ now and we're on!