• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

38 for 8th & 41 for 7th seed

Blunt91

Those are wins I think the Hawks need to have to get to the 7th or 8th spot in the playoffs. If the Hawks can some how get hot and win 11 out of their next 13 games they could catch philly who's schedule is a little tougher than ours. We have already beaten them twice this year so if we only take 1 out of the next 2games against them we would win the tie breaker.

38 wins is more realistic and would probably be enough to hold off the Nets or any other team below us to clinch the 8th spot.

Philly is at 500. and they have a 5 game lead on us with only 13 games to play.

It Does not really matter if thier schedule is tough, because they have been beating tough teams for a month and a half now.

The Hawks need to worried only about the Pacers, Nets and Bulls.

The Pacers are the biggest threat imo.They are now tied with Net for 9th place.

They have played better than the nets lately. Also the Nets are struggling on the road with 9 straight losses.

The pacers and Nets play each other twice this week.If they each lose a game a piece, and the Hawks beat the Bulls, then we'll be in good shape.

They have 5 more wins but only 4 fewer losses than us and if we take care of business and win the extra game that they have played and win both games against them that will put us 2 games behind them with each team having 10 games left. So in a period of 10 games we would need to win 2 more than them to get the 7th seed since we would win the tiebreaker for the season. It's a long shot because they have been playing well and we aren't sure if this new Hawks team that wins more than it loses is for real but it's certainly plausible. The key is that we absolutely have to beat Philly in the back-to-back matches. If we lose either of those games we won't have much of a chance.

I think the 8th spot will be wrapped up with 35 or 36 wins. For 38 wins the teams behind us will have to go 10-3.

Regarding catching Philly, all we need to worry about is winning ball games. I wouldn't think about Philly except when we play them. It's a mathematic possibility to catch them but would be a huge turn of events I'm not counting on.

Hope we get in though

Quote:

agreed regarding getting that 7th spot, but i think we're better off playing Boston. just as tough of a matchup but more media coverage and if we pull it off it stands for all time...

Yeah we would be getting more Media coverage because people would tune in more to see Boston than Detroit.

Quote:

Quote:

agreed regarding getting that 7th spot, but i think we're better off playing Boston. just as tough of a matchup but more media coverage and if we pull it off it stands for all time...

Yeah we would be getting more Media coverage because people would tune in more to see Boston than Detroit.

but like they say, "no press is bad press" or something like that. if we get a primetime game against Boston that every tunes in to, it will up the exposure of our young players in a big situation as trade bait and possibly attract some free agents. I think I chances are slim of winning against either Detroit or Boston, so lets get some press.