• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The highest draft pick for Marvin by trade?

Brotha2ThaNite

Quote:

I have mixed feelings about Brooke Lopez. He's athletic and is a very effective defender, but his rebounding is just average. He's got some sweet offensive moves, but his shooting percentage is nowhere near what it should be for a player of his size and athleticism. I could see him being a very mediocre off-the-bench pro but could also see him being a very good pro.

1. he's the only main scoring threat on that team, so he's always getting tripled team, hard to score like that, him averaging 19 a game is amazing, under those circumstances.

2. His rebounding numbers are above- average cause he has to share them with his twin brother Robin Lopez.

Fair points. Although I think that if you're going to bring Robin into the discussion on rebounding, you've also got to mention that Robin probably makes his defense look better as well, since they've got each other's backs for helpside D which lets them be more aggressive going for blocks.

Are you nuts. Trade away Marvin, so that Billy Knight can blow another pick! Are you insane!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we are sitting pretty with 0 picks this year. Probably Billy best draft ever.

He did draft Horford, but even a blind pig gets an acorn every now and then.

Hawk88

• Premium Member

Quote:

Now that I have had some time to think about this maybe I was hoping for too much for Marvin. The guy is obviously washed up at 22 and clearly won't get any better, I mean almost all players hit their peak by 22 and only get worse so why should we expect him to be any different.

Let's just buy Marvin out so he can sign with an NBDL team and we can move on.

I saw your piddly attempt at sarcasm here... And I recognized that nobody went for it. Nobody said " Yeah, you're right dol... he is only 22.".

You know why...

Because people are tired of the Marvin Williams Excuse machine.

People have seen how Marvin Williams is the same player as he was out of college.

Clumsy.

I've noticed that in your defense over the years...

It has gone from a 3 year plan to a 3 to 5 year plan.

It has gone from a "he's only 19 to a he's only 22."

The part that gets most of us who are tired of the Excuse machine is this:

We have seen improvement in Smoove.

Not only that, but Marvin doesn't play a terrible tough position.

Sf is a position that's very easy to learn... What's this 5 year curve about.

In the meanwhile...

Guys like Al Thornton, Thaddeus Young, and Kevin Durant come right in and make an impact for their team...

Here's the rub....

We gave up Chris Paul for this!

Chris Paul is about to be MVP of the league...

And you know what...

He plays a much harder position to learn.

He actually has to be his team's leader..

AND

He's only 22!

Stop the excuses and the whining about Marvin.

Quote:

Quote:

Now that I have had some time to think about this maybe I was hoping for too much for Marvin. The guy is obviously washed up at 22 and clearly won't get any better, I mean almost all players hit their peak by 22 and only get worse so why should we expect him to be any different.

Let's just buy Marvin out so he can sign with an NBDL team and we can move on.

I saw your piddly attempt at sarcasm here... And I recognized that nobody went for it. Nobody said " Yeah, you're right dol... he is only 22.".

You know why...

Because people are tired of the Marvin Williams Excuse machine.

People have seen how Marvin Williams is the same player as he was out of college.

Clumsy.

I've noticed that in your defense over the years...

It has gone from a 3 year plan to a 3 to 5 year plan.

It has gone from a "he's only 19 to a he's only 22."

The part that gets most of us who are tired of the Excuse machine is this:

We have seen improvement in Smoove.

Not only that, but Marvin doesn't play a terrible tough position.

Sf is a position that's very easy to learn... What's this 5 year curve about.

In the meanwhile...

Guys like Al Thornton, Thaddeus Young, and Kevin Durant come right in and make an impact for their team...

Here's the rub....

We gave up Chris Paul for this!

Chris Paul is about to be MVP of the league...

And you know what...

He plays a much harder position to learn.

He actually has to be his team's leader..

AND

He's only 22!

Stop the excuses and the whining about Marvin.

LMFAO at these Marvin lovers. Preach on Diesel thats so funny its now the 3-5 year to develop. In 5 years it will be the 5-8 the guy is a clumsy one dimensional shooter PERIOD.