• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Everybody knows about JT's deficiency...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Did anybody catch Travis Hansen's interview on Hawks.com.

Read what he has to say:

In reply to:

What are your strengths, and some weaknesses you'll need to improve upon on the pro level?

"I definitely need to improve my ballhandling, so I can become more of a combo guard - a one and a two. But I'm a good shooter, I'm a good athlete. I can defend. I play hard. I think I'm good at a lot of things, but I have to work hard to get great at all those things too."

Are you familiar with the Hawks roster, and contract situations in the backcourt?

"I'm familiar with the team. I've worked out with DerMarr Johnson down in Florida. We talked a little about the Hawks. I'm very excited. I'm thrilled to be a part of them, and I'm looking forward to being in Atlanta."

In reply to:

What is your natural position?

"My natural position is a shooting guard, but I'm going to work on being more of a one-two."

I think Hansen is just what we need at 2. A guy who can shoot. However, when you read his comments, it's evident that he realizes that the only way he will play significant time with the Hawks is if he can cover JT's deficiencies....

That's sad.

• Premium Member

this is how Knight sees Boris:

In reply to:

"We want him to free up J.T. (Jason Terry). J.T. is one of the best shooters in the NBA. So we want him to shoot the ball. When you have other players that are versatile, you don't have to rely on just him to handle the ball all the time. You can use the things he can do and take advantage of those. We hope that Boris will be able to help us in that aspect."

Knight on Hansen:

In reply to:

I think he's
a combo guard,
and will evolve into a good combo guard in the league. He's not too dissimilar to Jon Barry, that kind of a player. I think he provides some energy, some toughness, certainly he'll get after people.

yeah, it's sad because every player in the league is perfect and doesn't need any help from his teammates at all. i am sure no teams acquire players that fill in the blanks of some of the other players on the roster.

what's so bad about having some shooting guards that can handle the ball? seems to me it's better than pete babcock's endless quest for a big point guard, which forced the team to look for inferior quality just to get a bigger point guard.

i don't think there is anything wrong with knight's approach and nothing sad about it either. as long as we're getting what we need from the backcourt and the team is better for it, then i am for it.

What a crock!

So, JT is deficient because he is the only player in the starting line up that can dribble the ball.

But, Glenn isn't deficent, even though he has to catch the ball in the right spot to be effective. JT is really the reason Glenn can't dribble the basketball, is a below average perimeter shooter, and doesn't defend.

And to top that off, JT has produced mediocre numbers as a point guard, even though he's one of only 5 in the entire NBA to post 17 points and 7 assists a game. Somehow, Andre Miller's 12 points and 5 assists a game is better than that.

• Premium Member

The sad part is that What other PG in the league do you know of that needs another player to help him do the duties of a PG.

JT is no more of a PG than Iverson.

That's not a bad thing... The bad thing is us fooling ourselves saying that he is a PG.