• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove for DPOY!

Murat

Tonight he contained Gooden pretty well 31 and 16 isn't bad at all. Go Smoove keep it up get those blocks and steals buddy and you will be DPOY. hooray!!!

Smoove for DPOY!!! hooray!!!

Marvin is >>>>>>>>>> better than Smoove defensively btw.

Smith's +/- is 3.1 for the entire season which is the 2nd highest on the team after JJ. Meanwhile Marvin is -4.4 which is worse than everyone on our team who plays with consistent minutes. Just throwing that out there since you seem to love that stat so much.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Tonight he contained Gooden pretty well 31 and 16 isn't bad at all. Go Smoove keep it up get those blocks and steals buddy and you will be DPOY. hooray!!!

What are you talking about???

Horford was the one who got ABSOLUTELY lit up by Gooden... The Chicago commentators couldn't shut up about how Gooden was taking Horford ALL NIGHT.

Watch the game if you are gonna make a statement like this.

Ok lets say he scored all 31 points on Horford( which he hasn't, not even half). Why wouldn 't you put your best defensive player on him than?

DPOY is Bryant, Bowen, Artest or Battier. Nobody else should be even considered.

Quote:

Ok lets say he scored all 31 points on Horford( which he hasn't, not even half). Why wouldn 't you put your best defensive player on him than?

Because Woody is an idiot, we all know that. Just like earlier this season when Horford was straight ABUSED by KG and wouldn't put Smith on him even though Smith has played GREAT D on KG in the past.

Quote:

Nop it's either he doesn't trust Smoove or Smoove doesn't want the responsibilty.

OK lol you're just making up stuff to try and prove your point now. That's rediculous.

Smith has IN THE PAST guarded KG very well, numerous times, so that's obviously not the problem.

• Premium Member

Quote:

DPOY is Bryant, Bowen, Artest or Battier. Nobody else should be even considered.

How the heck should I know?

Isn't it the coaches responsibility to assign defensive assignments??

Gooden had 16 of those 31 in the first quarter... all of them on Horford's face. I suggest you watch the entire game and get back to us.

Quote:

Quote:

Nop it's either he doesn't trust Smoove or Smoove doesn't want the responsibilty.

OK lol you're just making up stuff to try and prove your point now. That's rediculous.

Smith has IN THE PAST guarded KG very well, numerous times, so that's obviously not the problem.

Ok i agree he has, but why doesn't he be like JJ and guard him? he don't care what Woody says anyways, he is still shooting jumpers and doing whatever he wants. If he wants to win bad than he will go out of his way and not be like "Marvin" than.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ok i agree he has, but why doesn't he be like JJ and guard him? he don't care what Woody says anyways, he is still shooting jumpers and doing whatever he wants. If he wants to win bad than he will go out of his way and not be like "Marvin" than.

Usually players guard who the coach tells them to guard, that's just how it is. Obviously there are exceptions, but for the most part, that's how it goes. It shouldn't be hard at all for Woody to recognize when a player is getting abused defensively to make a switch. That should be a knee-jerk reaction and he should get it changed immediately. How can you not agree with that? That's the coaches JOB, to recognize problems and make a change to see if it works.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Usually players guard who the coach tells them to guard, that's just how it is. Obviously there are exceptions, but for the most part, that's how it goes. It shouldn't be hard at all for Woody to recognize when a player is getting abused defensively to make a switch. That should be a knee-jerk reaction and he should get it changed immediately. How can you not agree with that? That's the coaches JOB, to recognize problems and make a change to see if it works.

Ok our players are dumb and our coaches are even dumber. end of story.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ok our players are dumb and our coaches are even dumber. end of story.

You've just got it out for Smith, yes he definitely makes his share of headscratching plays but he does so many OTHER things that help this team as evidenced by his +/-, his PER, and his overall numbers. I think the boneheaded plays just stick out in your mind more than the good plays he makes. I have the same problem with a few of our players..

Quote:

I like Smith a lot as a player, but he does make a lot of dumb plays/decisions. He has to lead the league in 3 point attempts for people shooting 25%.

I was bored so I thought I would check this out, and you are real close to being correct. There is only one other player with more 3PT attempts than Josh Smith and has a worse 3PT%.

That player is Kyle Lowry, who is 28/116 at 24.1%.

Kyle Lowry is the Memphis PG that a lot of folks on this forum thought we should trade for. It is a shame we didn't get him, just imagine the chucking contest each night with Lowry and Smoove on the floor, lol.

Quote:

Why don't you go watch the game buddy. Gooden was abusing Al b/c Horford wouldn't come out of the paint and guard him. Zaza actually did a great job and put the brakes on Gooden.