• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

bibby's injuried thumb the same one that...

flava

bibby's injuried thumb the same one that kept him out of 19 games at the beginning of the season - gotta be concerned about this...

Bibby leaves game with sprained thumb

By SEKOU SMITH

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 03/27/08

Hawks point guard Mike Bibby went to the locker room with a sprained left thumb with 11:16 to play in the fourth quarter Wednesday and did not return to the game with the Hawks already holding a commanding lead over the Bucks at Philips Arena.

Bibby injured the same thumb that cost him the first 36 games of the season following surgery to repair a torn ligament.

He was injured Wednesday on a drive to the basket late in the third quarter but stayed in the game. But when he attempted a long jump shot minutes into the fourth, he immediately turned to Hawks coach Mike Woodson and signaled to get him out of the game.

Bibby jogged off the floor holding his thumb and went straight to the locker room for X-rays, the results of which were negative. He was gone by the time the media was allowed into the locker room after the game. But his teammates made clear their concerns about their starting point guard's health.

"We've definitely got to have him, so hopefully he's fine and can go Friday [against Chicago]," Hawks captain and All-Star Joe Johnson said. "If not, this is the NBA. The next man has to step up and be productive."

I would probably sit him out against Chicago and let me play against the Knicks...Its time for Acie Law & Salim Staudemire to step up an pick up some of the slack. I know this is woody's last season coaching the Hawks but going forward we have better substitutions patterns and flat out better coaching. GO HAWKS we can pull through this one....

It didn't appear too serious, but it was hard to tell. Hopefully he iced it good after the game and it didn't swell up and was just a sprain. Good thing he has 2 days to rest it. Although I would love to see Acie have a good game vs Chicago. This is the reason Acie needs more minutes. I won't be such a shock when he has to start. Woodson is babying him along too much. Acie had a SWEET drive to the hoop last night towards the end of the game where he changed direction in the air and layed it in.

Quote:

It didn't appear too serious, but it was hard to tell. Hopefully he iced it good after the game and it didn't swell up and was just a sprain. Good thing he has 2 days to rest it. Although I would love to see Acie have a good game vs Chicago. This is the reason Acie needs more minutes. I won't be such a shock when he has to start. Woodson is babying him along too much. Acie had a SWEET drive to the hoop last night towards the end of the game where he changed direction in the air and layed it in.

When Acie add the floater and the high-off-the-glass layup to his arsenal, look out.