• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why Would the Hawks Be Interested in Armstrong?

TheDude

"The issue with free agent point guard Darrell Armstrong seems to be the length of the contract the Magic are willing to offer. Armstrong, 35, was pushed into a reserve role last season and the Magic are reluctant to commit long-term to the player who has been on the roster for nine seasons. Armstrong's agent, Glenn Schwartzman, said they received interest from "a substantial number of teams" Tuesday morning. The teams are believed to be Washington, Miami and Atlanta." Florida Today

---

Why would we be interested? We've got some guards now and really only could use a shooter...Aren't we going to allow Dickau to progress at the point as a backup?

I'm not sure about this. I think Armstrong although a good person, isn't what we need to look for right now. Your opinions?

Maybe I am wrong but it seems to me that there is a culture out there that believes Atlanta needs a point guard. In truth, I think that every city's fans and media don't take the time to research somewhere like atlanta (not on national tv, wining championships). So, I think that the sort of develops myths about a team and plays them out when rumors begin to surface. You would be amazed the trade rumors I hear in Boston about teams in the Braves division (Montreal is the best example). They base their thoughts on the past, to cover an apparent lack of knowledge for teams out of their area. Truthfully though, don't you think Atlanta would at least explore other guards in case someone offers a major deal to Terry. Don't you need Plan B, no matter how unappealling it is?

I think Darrell Armstrong would be a great addition to this team if he only costs us the veteran minimum. His attitude and work ethic would really rub off on JT and Dickau I think. I also really think we should have 3 PG's. Injuries happen and you should always have 2 available PG's.

• Premium Member

Actually, I'd rather have Kenny Anderson.

I watched him the other day on TBDSS and he was pretty interesting. I think he has about 2 more good years in him. He wants to go somewhere and play Significant minutes. Although I think Boston or Milwaukee is calling him, I think we could look at him too.

Especially if JT walks to Denver.

In Fact, if JT gets a 50 million dollar deal, I would try to get them to do a SNT. Maybe JT for Skittsville/White.

Then i would sign somebody like Anderson and let him be a transition guy for Dickau.

I mean...

Anderson/Dickau

DJ/Diaw/Skittsville

Grob/White/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr