• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THE WHOLE BENCH SHOULD BE HORSEWHIPPED!!!!!

Antmillennium

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

this is my third time saying this and im gone say 1 mo gin

When salim KNEW FOR A FACT he would get minutes because of the acie injury HE PLAYED UNDER CONTROL. like someone said on tv, a player that hardly ever plays will chuck up shots because he knows he might not get this opertunity again unless someone get injured. so he says "might as well see if i can get 10 because i aint gonna get to play tomarrow. he mainly wants to show the couch that he still can play ball pretty well.

exactly and when Acie comes in for his 5 minutes he doesn't know what the hell to do but pass to JJ immediately.In the pre-season (when he PLAYED).Experts were talking about how he played like a vet and not a rookie,they pointed out game situations where he did the prefect vet move and they were just little things casual fans wouldn't notice.Now he's a half broken guy like Roddy White.

Roddy White is good. what are you talking bout. UM DID U NOT MISS HIS 1ST TWO YEARS?ALL THE BUST TALK?ALL THE BRICK AND SKILLET HANDS?RODDY WHITE WAS SCARED TO DEATH TO MAKE PLAYS.AFTER AWHILE HE REFUSED TO USE HIS HANDS.HE DIDN'T START USING THEM AGAIN TILL THIS YEAR.He got the opportunites and he gets 83 catches and 1200 yards.

yea first of not to get off topic Roddy White is solid... he really came on last year and was the lone bright spot on offense...

Salim is a lost cause and shouldn't be a rotation player... his only skill is shooting and he takes so many ill-advised shots that even that is a negative right now.

We've had a problem all season and it won't get better... even 'Nique realizes this -- Woody's failure to develop any sort of rotation to spell JJ & Bibby in the backcourt is not something that can be remedied easily.... we have a solid 7 right now but need an 8th or 9th guy to step up out of the backcourt.

Mario has played as well as he can but has limited skills... would've liked to see him get more than 2 mins tonight.... same with J-Rich (4 mins). We had to give Acie minutes because someone has to backup Bibby or play alongside him to give JJ rest, and he is our supposed "PG of the future with an NBA-ready skill set."

Our only bench players of substance are Chill & Zaza (who has been very solid recently), and today was an opportunity to get the starters some rest and try and give the backups a bit of confidence.... I can't believe Smoove played 36 mins with that lead we built, and was on the court during the last mins of the game...

Quote:

It doesn't even matter at this point. If we make the playoffs it is going to be ugly. Both the Celtics and the Pistons have deep benches compared to our one bench player (2 if you count Zaza).

yep becaus they play their bench.Eddie House the journeyman has his own role and knows he gets to be that guy every night.As well as James Posey and Bib Baby.all of them are WELL COACHED.

I agree that our bench doesn't get utilized, but aside from Acie and possibly Salim, I don't think any of them would be as good as either of those team's bench players even if they got consistent minutes. I just don't think we have good bench players even if our coach wasn't a moron.

Plus, it's easier for Detroit and Boston to play their bench because they are a lot better than the Hawks. Woodson's a moron, but there are a lot of games where he has to play the starters a ton of minutes because they would play no defense and be struggling to stay ahead.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

When salim KNEW FOR A FACT he would get minutes because of the acie injury HE PLAYED UNDER CONTROL. like someone said on tv, a player that hardly ever plays will chuck up shots because he knows he might not get this opertunity again unless someone get injured. so he says "might as well see if i can get 10 because i aint gonna get to play tomarrow. he mainly wants to show the couch that he still can play ball pretty well.

exactly and when Acie comes in for his 5 minutes he doesn't know what the hell to do but pass to JJ immediately.In the pre-season (when he PLAYED).Experts were talking about how he played like a vet and not a rookie,they pointed out game situations where he did the prefect vet move and they were just little things casual fans wouldn't notice.Now he's a half broken guy like Roddy White.

Roddy White is good. what are you talking bout. UM DID U NOT MISS HIS 1ST TWO YEARS?ALL THE BUST TALK?ALL THE BRICK AND SKILLET HANDS?RODDY WHITE WAS SCARED TO DEATH TO MAKE PLAYS.AFTER AWHILE HE REFUSED TO USE HIS HANDS.HE DIDN'T START USING THEM AGAIN TILL THIS YEAR.He got the opportunites and he gets 83 catches and 1200 yards.

my bad i didnt read your posty correctly. i thought you was saying that roddy still sucked. but ok

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

my bad i didnt read your posty correctly. i thought you was saying that roddy still sucked. but ok no Roddy is at the top.Now I never gave up on him,never even hinted at it.I was constantly defending him,I'm doing the same with Jimmy Williams,Jamaal Anderson and Acie Law here.Atlanta fans do the same thing.Get proven wrong about a young player then the very next year jump on another one."Well Jamaal didn't even show any ability",well Roddy wasn't breakin ankles and tackles his rookie year like he did this past year either.People are saying the same with Acie now in basketball and he's shown alot more ability than Roddy did at first.

Quote:

He (Salim) is probably the second most talented scorer on this team next to JJ.

You just lost all credibility with me on that one. Better scorer than Bibby? Than Smoove? Than

Horford? Than Marvin? Than Chillz? All Salim can do is hit an occasional, wide open 3 pointer.

The other guys I mentioned have a lot more complete games that Salim. That was a ridiculous statement Bravo.

Quote:

yep and it would have been better playing them than wasting our time with Lue and AJ eating valuable minutes.If Woodson never gives AJ ACIE'S job,this team is in alot better shape.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like our playoff chances a lot better if Lue or AJ were around to spell Bibby and Joe a few minutes. They were ripped a lot while here, but when they left, so did our bench.

Quote:

Quote:

yep and it would have been better playing them than wasting our time with Lue and AJ eating valuable minutes.If Woodson never gives AJ ACIE'S job,this team is in alot better shape.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like our playoff chances a lot better if Lue or AJ were around to spell Bibby and Joe a few minutes. They were ripped a lot while here, but when they left, so did our bench.

I think that goes without saying. They weren't great by any stretch of the imagination, but they were at least veteran NBA players, not rookies or borderline d-leaguers (or both).

I don't understand why people are acting like Acie Law never gets any PT. He averages over 16 mpg. In fact, Chills is the only bench player getting more minutes than Acie.

I know his minutes have been less consistent than many here would like (my guess is less consistent than the coaches would like also), but he's been injured a lot so far; Acie's missed over 20 games.

Quote:

I don't understand why people are acting like Acie Law never gets any PT. He averages over 16 mpg. In fact, Chills is the only bench player getting more minutes than Acie.

I know his minutes have been less consistent than many here would like (my guess is less consistent than the coaches would like also), but he's been injured a lot so far; Acie's missed over 20 games.

I don't know. It's not so much the amount of minutes as the kind of minutes he plays. Woody seems to have a hockey coaches' mindset where if he's going to put a sub in, he does an entire line change. I think Acie would be best served playing with the first team. I might be remembering things wrong, but it seems like he plays with other bench players more often than not.