• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford hits 10 ppg

exodus

He had 53 pts over the last 3 games to bump his season average to 10 ppg. He definitely seem to be more comfortable and assertive. He has also made his last 15 of 16 from the line.

Lets see if he can keep it up against bigger defenders. Rasho is the kind of guy that horford needs to use his speed against.

• Premium Member

Quote:

He had 53 pts over the last 3 games to bump his season average to 10 ppg. He definitely seem to be more comfortable and assertive. He has also made his last 15 of 16 from the line.

Lets see if he can keep it up against bigger defenders. Rasho is the kind of guy that horford needs to use his speed against.

I was gonna make a thread about this... A player with his type of build and athleticism doesn't usually have such a sweet shot. With how good his shot is, the dude has some real potential to become a legit scoring option in the future.

Just adding a little Hook shot from the block would probably give him an extra 2 - 4 points a game... If he can work on a quick drop step and other moves the guy could one day be an 18 ppg + player in this league...

Too bad Durant had such a great Month... Had Durant kept on slumping Horford would have had a real shot at ROY.

As of right now his chances are slim to none.

Quote:

Quote:

I was gonna make a thread about this... A player with his type of build and athleticism doesn't usually have such a sweet shot. With how good his shot is, the dude has some real potential to become a legit scoring option in the future.

Just adding a little Hook shot from the block would probably give him an extra 2 - 4 points a game... If he can work on a quick drop step and other moves the guy could one day be an 18 ppg + player in this league...

Too bad Durant had such a great Month... Had Durant kept on slumping Horford would have had a real shot at ROY.

As of right now his chances are slim to none.

He has a decent hook shot but he needs to use it more sparingly. That is a tough shot to make when you are being crowded. He should look to use the glass more often.

I like his fadeaway J in close but he seems much more comfortable shooting that shot when he is going left.

it was bound to happen...i knew he would of gotten it soon because his offensive game has been improving. I think he has a Tim Duncan type game..yes i said it..TIM DUNCAN! lol I think he has the potential to at some point in his career to be compared tio Duncan. Im strickly talking about style of play, not championship rings or anything but he already has the mid range shot, post moves like Tim but he just has to work on his defense. He is physically built better than Duncan already but as a rookie there are just some things you dont know how to do unless you play in the playoffs several times and in big games. He doesnt even play like a rookie..he is much more polished and fit for the NBA than Durant is and I hope Hortford gets the ROY award because he deserves it. I think he can average 18 points and 13 rebounds and even a couple blocks in a few years..as long as he is coached the right way..and so far Woodson has done a solid job with him i think. The sky is the limit for Al Hortford..great kid!

I don't know about TD. he has a pretty big size/reach advantage over Horford, not to mention being a HOF player.

I think he should model his game after guys like Boozer and Amare. He has been moving in that direction. Back in november he was constantly trying to back down bigger guys with horrible results. Now he is facing them up, taking his midrange shot, and at times (but not enough) trying to get around them off the dribble.

His main problem on offense right now is that he just doesn't look to score that often.

he will be better than Boozer. but Boozer is a prime example of that can happen to Hortford if he goes to the right coach. Boozer didnt seem like too much of a player when he played for Cleveland and the he goes to Utah and becomes on the better big man in the game today. I think that can happen to Hortford if he plays for the right team and coach. give Hortford Larry Brown and watch what happens..guys like Gregg Pop and Sloan will create a monster out of Al Hortford!!!!!

If Horf doesn't win ROTY it just proves what a pointless award it is. Durant's only claim to fame is he is averaging 20 ppg, but he's also averaging like twice as many shots on a horrible team where he is the first scoring option. It's pretty easy to score 20 points a game when you're on a horrible team that runs plays for you. Wake up NBA.

I agree Floyd, and I have said the same thing all along. But Durant WILL get it--although undeservedly.

Oh, and Horford is shooting 50% from the field. He was barely shooting over 40% early in the season. He is looking damn good lately (altho his defensive rebounding has dropped off past couple months).

Quote:

I agree Floyd, and I have said the same thing all along. But Durant WILL get it--although undeservedly.

Oh, and Horford is shooting 50% from the field. He was barely shooting over 40% early in the season. He is looking damn good lately (altho his defensive rebounding has dropped off past couple months).

I noticed the same thing about his rebounding. I think the physical toll of battling bigger players all season is wearing on him. I used to play a lot and dealing with a guy 20-30 pounds heavier trying to back you down can get tiresome. We need to get someone else in here who can defend bigs and take some of the burden off him.

As far as his offense i think we are seeing the benefit of letting a rookie play through his mistakes. he was a train wreck earlier in the year. But Woody wouldn't pull him for mistakes (considering who was behind him he really didn't have a choice) and now he looks like a different player.

Too bad Acie didn't have that chance before the Bibby trade. it isn't like Lue and AJ were doing anything.

Quote:

Quote:

I noticed the same thing about his rebounding. I think the physical toll of battling bigger players all season is wearing on him. I used to play a lot and dealing with a guy 20-30 pounds heavier trying to back you down can get tiresome. We need to get someone else in here who can defend bigs and take some of the burden off him.

As far as his offense i think we are seeing the benefit of letting a rookie play through his mistakes. he was a train wreck earlier in the year. But Woody wouldn't pull him for mistakes (considering who was behind him he really didn't have a choice) and now he looks like a different player.

Too bad Acie didn't have that chance before the Bibby trade. it isn't like Lue and AJ were doing anything.

When was Horford a train wreck? Maybe he was slightly off a couple of games, mostly about a week abo, but I remember him being incredibly consistent and almost never playing like a rookie. Even veterans like JJ have a few off games over an 82 game season.

I agree all the way. Another great improvement by Horford has been FT%. Hell he was 55% in November, up to 92% in February. This was a big concern for me early on since he is so physical, but he seems to have addressed it. Horford has been outstanding and deserves the ROY. I think it will be a toss up, but if Rookie Rankings and All-Star comments are any signs, he certainly has a decent chance.

There has been an increased emphasis by coaches to reward players that contribute to winning.