• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big Win.. Big Win!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

Now when we were beating teams like NY and Chicago at home, it meant little.

However to comeback from 17 and beat Toronto in Overtime and play the way we did.... Horf with big shots.. Chillz with big Block.....Smoove with big 3s... and Bibby with big three...

AH YEAH!!!!

I think we can stir up some trouble!

• Premium Member

On that last play of regulation...

The Clock started early.

shhh.gif

But...

Seeing that we came back from 17...

and we beat them in Overtime... I don't think their complaint will hold up.

I agree, they do have a legitimate complaint.

But you know what? Why don't you hold a 17 point lead in the 4th qtr. They really need look no further than themselves if they want to blame someone. You're on the road. U can't expect to get close calls.

At least this isnt a book-keeping error. I dont think they can replay this thing. It would take too much out of the teams too close to the playoffs. They could overturn and give a W to the Raps, but I dont see that happening. I hope this story doesnt get any momentum

• Premium Member

Quote:

The Clock started early.

shhh.gif

Typical Hawk fan base! Sympathetic to the Raptor's cause. Personally I don't give a rat's, the Hawks beat a red hot team from the field and did it when down by 17 in the 3rd quarter. Heck even their centers were raining 3's. Great win Hawks. You showed great Heart tonight!

Quote:

I agree, they do have a legitimate complaint.

But you know what? Why don't you hold a 17 point lead in the 4th qtr. They really need look no further than themselves if they want to blame someone. You're on the road. U can't expect to get close calls.

At least this isnt a book-keeping error. I dont think they can replay this thing. It would take too much out of the teams too close to the playoffs. They could overturn and give a W to the Raps, but I dont see that happening. I hope this story doesnt get any momentum

I don't believe it's protestable . . . the refs made the call and I'm sure could review at the entire play, including when the clock started. Not like Miami when they w/h had to look at the entire game to re-count Shaq's fouls. If there was a mistake, the refs made it, or if our timekeeper made it, the refs failed to overturn it when they had the opportunity.

Game, set, match.

/s/ David Stern

Quote:

Quote:

The Clock started early.

shhh.gif

Typical Hawk fan base! Sympathetic to the Raptor's cause. Personally I don't give a rat's, the Hawks beat a red hot team from the field and did it when down by 17 in the 3rd quarter. Heck even their centers were raining 3's. Great win Hawks. You showed great Heart tonight!

It has nothing with being sympathetic. It's preparing yourself for the worst case scenario, haha.

Apparently the refs reviewed this thing several times...it appears as though they made the right call. If Toronto can challenge it, they probably will though.

Anyway, huge win. We will make the playoffs unless we collapse now. And we are finally approaching a respectable record at that. Good job Hawks.

Who touched the ball?

Was it the shooter? Or, did the Hawk player who jumped at the pass possibly get the tip

of a finger on it? If the Hawk player, Horford I believe, did just barley touch the ball,

that should start the clock. There was only .5 seconds on the clock when it was thrown in.

How much early could they start the clock??

Whatever happened, replay showed his finger tips still on the ball when the light went red.

Both teams had a chance to win it in overtime. Hawks prevailed!!

Quote:

Quote:

It has nothing with being sympathetic. It's preparing yourself for the worst case scenario, haha.

The refs have already reviewed the play at the game! What other review are you guys talking about?

I don't know. I thought the league had the ability to overturn stuff like that. It's not like I'm hoping for it. I just thought it was possible.

They made us replay the Heat, so I didn't know if they could make us replay that .5 seconds.

Quote:

Who touched the ball?

Was it the shooter? Or, did the Hawk player who jumped at the pass possibly get the tip

of a finger on it? If the Hawk player, Horford I believe, did just barley touch the ball,

that should start the clock. There was only .5 seconds on the clock when it was thrown in.

How much early could they start the clock??

Whatever happened, replay showed his finger tips still on the ball when the light went red.

Both teams had a chance to win it in overtime. Hawks prevailed!!

The clock clearly started .1 seconds or so before the Toronto player touched it. That's what I'm worried about. Hopefully they can't protest it or one of our players touched it.

they are saying on the raptors board that the referees start the clock with a little device in their hands. If that were the case, then being only .1 of a second off is pretty dam good, IMO. If refs control that then it is not reviewable.

Further, the refs were the ones that made the judgment after watching the tape. Our table didnt have anything to do with that. If stern doesnt like it, he should discipline the refs, which I doubt he will do. I'm not sweating this