• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

07/08 Hawksquawk bball finals have begun!

capstone21

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Good luck on this year to both finalists.

On next year's league, the alternatives I see are allowing streaming in full force or coming up with some way to avoid it. The ways to avoid it that have been discussed in part are limiting roster moves for the entire season and making the league a weekly league (setting lineups once a week).

Here is another suggestion to consider: significantly increase the size of the benches. The problems with streaming are that it punishes people who build up the best full roster they can and gives the streamers extra games in which to accumulate stats. How about adding another 6 spots to the bench as an alternative to transaction limits, etc. That means that the FA talent pool will be MUCH thinner which will reduce the incentive to spam and the benches will be deep enough that streaming won't give the spammers much of a boost in terms of the number of games played.

Thoughts?

• Admin

I agree we need to do something for next season. Personally I don't really like having the deep benches but I don't like the spamming much.

I like both H2H and the regular free for all type leagues so if we want to change it that might be good too.

• Moderators

Quote:

maximum games played like our baseball league

set it up on pts vs head to head

done and done

You can't put maximum games in a H2H format (at least in Yahoo).

I just went through most of the creation of a test league in Yahoo for baseball and found something I hadn't seen before - weekly transaction limits. That sounds like the perfect solution. No limits on season-long transactions but limits on weekly transactions.

I am thinking 2 moves per week would be effective and give people a chance to manage their roster (permits you turn over 1/6 of your roster every week).