• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why are the Hawks winning and

Swatguy

where is the credit?

Is it because the players have stepped up?

If so, what did they stepped up in?

I believe it is two-fold. We got a complete PG in one. Meaning Bibby may not be a much (if any)better shooter than Lue. Bibby may not be a much (if any) passer than AJ. But Bibby combines the best of the two in one. both elements are crucial in our success.

I maintain also, these guys are listening to the instructions a bit more. It is probably because the two vets have listened first and the others are following.

Right now Marvin, JSmith, Chillz and Al (he allready was) are rebounding with purpose. Getting after it. Zaza is playing with more energy and focus.

As coach has said they are growing up, and listening to the instructions.

Whatayathink?

I agree. And I would add 2 more. JJ is playing like at an elite level. He follows Player of the Month honors with a Player of the Week award. I think you also have to acknowledge our schedule. No need to apologize for it, we didn't ask to play the Pistons a lot early in the season and the Knicks a lot late in the season. But it certainly helps to see more Bucks, Grizzlies and Knicks than Pistons, Cavs and Magic.

But your point about how veterans respond to coaches is a great one. I'm guessing that there is less confusion because of the Bibby/JJ backcourt. Woody probably doesn't need to discuss contigency plans B, C & D because he knows that Bibby's experience (and comfort with his teammates) will produce the right play if the first option breaks down. So Woody probably needs to review less details in the huddle which likely means less chance for confusion.

Funny, if Chris Paul were telling Byron Scott which play to run in a crucial situation, most fans would view that as CP3 showing his BBall IQ and Scott empowering his star. But if Bibby does the same with Woody, our fans would view that as Woody being clueless and Bibby having to "save the team from the coach".

its simple..the team is getting used to Bibby and he is about 95% healthy so that definitely helps alot and yes some players are stepping up like JJ and Josh Smith so now the Hawks are beating teams that they should. Not to mention the easy schedule we have but still..the Hawks are known to lose games they could win so im not trying to hear its because of our schedule. Hawks beat Philly and Raps in the same week and those are 2 teams that are ahead of us in the conference. Playoffs, here we come!

It's pretty obvious we have been winning because of JJ and Bibby.

Also due some credit is Marvin getting back to form and Chillz averaging

around 15 pts lately off the bench.

To a lesser degree, Zaza playing solid and Smoove contributing when needed and Horf stepping up offensively.