• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How important is it that we find a true center?

Blunt91

I know Nazr is a decent backup but on another team. Both Ratliff and Mohammed aren't that good in the rebounding dept. which was one of the reasons we were getting blown out earlier in the season before Ira came in. I asked Pete whether we were going to address the center position and not just the guard and Small Forward positon.He basically stated that we are talking trades with a number of teams to address a number of postions no just one in particular. We probably are not going to carry no more than 2 centers maybe 3 if we go with 2powerforwsrds on our roster.

While Nazr is a Fine Offensive 5 with decent post skills and a decent 10 ft jumper he is a terrible defensive player. He gives up as many points as he scores. He is a poor shotblocker and plays weak interior D in the post. We cannot win with him as our starting 5 b/c of his glaring Defensive problems. Mahorn did not toughen his D up at all. He is a fine b/u 5 but I suspect he may be used as trade bait for the swing player Babcock believes we need.

Here's the strengths and weaknesses.

Nazr = Good rebounder, Bad defender, Decent offensive.

Nazr has very good timing getting boards. He also knows how to get good rebounding positions. His problem is that his offense while decent at times is not fluid. That's not a big problem. Defensively though, he has bad awareness.

Theo = Bad rebounder, Good Shotblocker, decent offensively.

Let's get this straight first... Theo is not a great defender. He's a great shotblocker (most from backside) but he cannot play positional defense because he's too Light. I make a big deal out of him being Challenged and embarrassed by Etan Thomas to make this point... Theo is not the INTIMIDATOR that you guys think he is. He's 6'10 225-235 (he was drafted at 205). Lots of you think that he has a Deke like presence in the lane and that's not true... Far from true. Deke is 7'1 262lbs.... Plus, Deke intimidates because everyone on the floor knows that Deke has and can break your nose if you come in his lane.. Deke hurts people.... Theo has never hurt anybody... instead he gets hurt. How can you intimidate anybody when you sit the bench in a playoff game because of a calf strain.

Thank God there are few real Cs in the East... However, Theo is still PF size. He is not Neccessary like some of you say. In fact, while he has value (in the new scheme of defense) we should look into trading Him for a Scoring Sf.

Theo/1st for Lo/Battier.

Even though Lo doesn't have the shot blocking ability, Lo can be a much better positional player and that based on Size/toughness alone.

The wildcard is Leon Smith. This guy has real size and muscle and work ethic. I hope for good things from him.

• Premium Member

Heywood is a lot better than many here think.

In fact, with Brown, White, Laettner, and Thomas on the same team... Heywood could be expendable in a trade.... I think that they would want a Pf/SF in return. Any thoughts?

Glover to Chicago, Fizer to Washington, Heywood to Atlanta??

• Premium Member

I have been a member for a couple of weeks now and I have read almost every post in that amount of time. There have been some good and bad ideas that I have heard in that time.

Even so, the discussions on this site(whether I agree with them or not) have been refreshing for me b/c this is the only site that I have found where anyone really knows or cares about the hawks. Now, with my praises out of the way, I would like to comment on this trade idea from Diesel witch I think could be very good.

By trading Glover for Haywood, the hawks would lose a scoring SG/SF for a BU center a equal to Nazr(but has great potential)

With this trade done, the hawks would then be able to pull off the trade everyone has hyped up; Nazr for Mike Miller

So, now lets look at the what the hawks lost and gained:

lost: 1. glover gained: 1. Haywood

2. Nazr 2. Miller

Overall, I think that this was a very good proposition by Diesel