• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why has Acie been chained to the bench?

Dukegotgame

• Moderators

Quote:

simple answer:

this isn't the time to be developing players for the next season. if we were the celtics or the grizzlies then yeah we should be playing acie, but right now when one mistake is the difference between breaking a decade long playoff drought and going home with no first round pick to feel good for, you gotta go with production over development. i'm 100% with this move by woodson. acie will get some burn while we're getting thrashed by boston but for right now he needs to stay on the bench and see what it takes to get into the playoffs. hint-it's not being scared to go all out.

I agree with this 100% with the proviso that Woodson should absolutely be playing someone like Acie Law when we are up 20 points on a loser team like the Knicks. There is no need to develop players at the expense of our chance to win in the short term at this point in the season, but there is absolutely no reason not to give Law some burn and Bibby/JJ some rest when we are dominating.

Unless Acie has re-injured himself. It's possible that he re-injured it against Philly and the team is keeping it quiet. It's odd that Salim has been getting Acie's playing time since Woody has clearly favored Acie over Salim the entire season. I can't imagine that Acie screwed up that bad in that game that Woody would put him in the doghouse and get his favorite pet Salim out of there.

• Moderators

Quote:

Unless Acie has re-injured himself. It's possible that he re-injured it against Philly and the team is keeping it quiet.

Yep. I am not sure why the team would cover an injury but if he is injured it makes perfect sense why he didn't get playing time against the Knicks.

If Acie wasn't injured, do you agree there is no explanation why you wouldn't have him in there or why you wouldn't give Bibby/JJ some rest?

I certainly agree with that. There is no reason that Acie shouldn't be playing unless they just absolutely feel he hurts the team, although I haven't seen any indication that he hurts the team. He doesn't always help the team, but I have rarely seen him hurt the team.

So either Acie has re-injured his wrist, or Salim has really worked his way out of the doghouse, or Acie did something in that Philly game that we don't know about.

• Moderators

Quote:

So either Acie has re-injured his wrist, or Salim has really worked his way out of the doghouse, or Acie did something in that Philly game that we don't know about.

Or Woody forgot about him on the bench/got too caught up to realize he wasn't giving Bibby & JJ much of a rest. Given his management of minutes, that is a real possibility, IMO.

Normally I would say that's possible with Woody but I don't think that's it this time because in the Boston game I noticed that Acie didn't even have his jersey on. I don't think he was in street clothes but I definitely remember during a timeout where it showed him with his jersey (the shirt) off and a full view of his wrist taped up.

Quote:

There is no sense in arguing this one with the haters. Woody gets no credit for developing Smoove, Marvin, Chillz, Al, etc. but he will get all of the blame for not developing Salim, Solo, and various other non-NBA caliber players.

what?Smoove developed his skills his self ever since he's been here.He's still not the smartest basketball player that makes the best moves which comes with coaching.Marvin?lol u serious,he's developed in what way?a mid range jumper?lol.Chillz?he's still Chillz,he hasn't changed much in his game.Al is a rookie that has been a beast since he was drafted.He's improved his free throw shooting and scoring over time,how is that a coach developing players?please.Even Joe does alot of dumb stuff.Even our seasoned vets play like idiots under him.

Quote:

simple answer:

this isn't the time to be developing players for the next season. if we were the celtics or the grizzlies then yeah we should be playing acie, but right now when one mistake is the difference between breaking a decade long playoff drought and going home with no first round pick to feel good for, you gotta go with production over development. i'm 100% with this move by woodson. acie will get some burn while we're getting thrashed by boston but for right now he needs to stay on the bench and see what it takes to get into the playoffs. hint-it's not being scared to go all out.

it's not just about developing players.He still needs to play because he's our backup PG who happens to have more skills than alot of starters.He can be a 10 year vet and still do nothing,with the way his minutes have been handled no body in the league can be successful.Not even a multiple time all-star.Playing time is not about just developing guys.Any player in the NBA plays better when they get consistent playing time.The Spurs bench is not super talented.Ginobili is the only real talented player.The rest aren't much,but the good coach makes use for them and they perform and don't hurt the team.

Quote:

I'm not even sure what you said.That was the longest run on sentence ever.Seriously.

lol.the longer u type the more grammar goes out the door.It may not be perfect grammar but there are periods and exclamation marks throughout the post.

I'm just sayin, put a space in there at least every now and again. Between all CAPS, red text, and sentences.with.no.spaces (and not even considering almost unbelievably bad spelling) it can be damn difficult reading posts on here sometimes.