• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rebuild for Eastern or Western Competition

LordnSavior

As everyone knows, both Gary Payton and Karl Malone are headed to the Lakers, Zo is probably headed to either Dallas or San Antonio, Kidd is probably headed to San Antonio, the T-Wolves have made themselves a lot better, and the Kings are still good enough to win a Championship. With this said, how do the Hawks go about reshaping their team? Building a team that is a contender to win the East is totally different from building a team that can even compete with one of the top Western teams. I've always thought that if the Hawks just went out and picked up two good defensive minded role players to start alongside Terry, Reef, and Theo; and revamp their bench with one or two new guys they could have a very good team without spending a lot of money and without affecting team chemistry too much. But now, with the top Western teams putting themselves even further ahead of the teams in the East, should the Hawks just unload everything they have now and try and build a team that can match the competition out west or stay the course that their on now and just be happy to get into the playoffs and make a run at the east while rebuilding their fan base.

I disagree.

That would do nothing but put the Hawks into a state of continuous rebuilding. The Hawks have already put four years into the rebuilding after they blew up the Smitty/Mookie team.

If they do it again, I will guarantee you that what we've seen over the last four years will continue over the next four to five years.

This team has talent. This team needs chemistry, and you don't develop chemistry by making trades every season before the season starts.

We don't have any long term contracts on the roster, so there is no reason to blow up a talented team that underachieved due to chemistry. Keep them together and let the chemistry develop.