• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin=Bust

Hawk88

Anyone else totally disapointed with Marvin's season. The kid is so uncoordinated I can't believe it.

All this talk about how talented this team is, is Marvin still considered a top talent? I have to say watching the guys clumsiness I don't think he will ever be better than average. And with all the hype about him at #2, I think that would be a bust.

Marvin is a bust when you consider who he was chosen over (Chris Paul and Deron Williams) but i dont think that he is a bad player at all..he's an okay player who I think can become a good player one day..the kid does have potential. He reminds me a little of Grant Hill..give him a few more yrs to blossom

At this point I'm ready to forget about CP and just look at Marvin as a player. Looking at it from that perspective I still see some potential there, but not enough to justify his selection as a number 2 pick.

On the plus side, though, Brandon Roy and a lot of other guys were still in college at the same age as Marvin, and you have to remember that Marvin just averaged 15 ppg for an entire season as a starter on a playoff team, which isn't bad (okay, it's not like we're a good playoff team, but still...we are in the playoffs).

Also, I think he can continue to get stronger, get more confident, and add some variety to his game (his post up game is coming around, and eventually he should be able to attack the basket and extend his range to the 3-point line), and if he does that, he could still be very good. In other words, it's not like he's a polished product right now, and he's a young guy even though he's been in the league for a while, so he's definitely got some upside left.

His age kind of gives him a 'get out of jail free card' for this season as far as I'm concerned. If anyone remembers the first 25 games of the season, Marvin was the most consistent player on our team. He was the only player to score double figures every night, while playing decent d.

His mid range shot, mixed with drawing fouls was what kept us in games early in the season. He fell way off as the season progressed, but as I mentioned, I'll get over it because of his age.

I expect a lot more in the next 1.5 seasons though. Marvin is the guy who should be our #2 scoring option in 2 seasons, or then I would consider him a disappointment.

cam

• Premium Member

Quote:

His age kind of gives him a 'get out of jail free card' for this season as far as I'm concerned. If anyone remembers the first 25 games of the season, Marvin was
the most consistent player on our team
. He was the only player to score double figures every night, while playing decent d.

His mid range shot, mixed with drawing fouls was what kept us in games early in the season. He fell way off as the season progressed, but as I mentioned, I'll get over it because of his age.

I expect
a lot
more in the next 1.5 seasons though. Marvin is the guy who should be our #2 scoring option in 2 seasons, or then I would consider him a disappointment.

cam

My feelings on Marvin are already known. However, I will say this.

We have invested a lot for Marvin.

Chris Paul or Marvin... We took Marvin.

Al Harrington or Marvin... We took Marvin.

Josh Childress or Marvin... So far we have taken Marvin.

Everybody talks about potential, but as I always say, Potential + 2 dollars can get you a cup of Coffee at McDonalds. Potential means nothing until it's realized. When did Tim Thomas stop having potential? What about Kwame Brown? How about Telfair? How about Wagner? How about Odom?

Marvin shouldn't get a get out of jail free card because he has been a starter in this league for the last 3 years.

Show me a case where a three year starter (consistently starting) finally had an aha moment in year 4 or 5?

Marvin lacks the intensity and the balance to ever realize his potential. So for Marvin, you should take what you get with him and be happy with that. Because that's about all you will get.