• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's going to be hard for JJ to have a good series

AtLaS

If anyone noticed he was getting ALL of the defensive attention. He was getting doubled instantly and even tripled at times. He's not going to have a big series like that, and it's why Childress/Horford were able to get some trash points and get open for offensive boards a few times.

If Bibby/Marvin can knock down the jumpers they get and make Boston pay for it, than we will be in good shape. Otherwise, JJ will struggle. Hopefully he can find the open man when he needs to. He doesn't need to hold the ball too long, because that's when he gets in trouble. If we move the ball around quickly it's much harder for them to double JJ, and if they do, their defense won't be rotated properly.

JJ needs to realize that the little space he gets as soon as he gets the ball is as open as he is going to be...... i noticed the other nice he past up decent looks to try to get into the lane and that wont work....... he needs to look for his shot as soon as he receives the ball and before the double team comes... i also notices that he had ray in the post at one possesion and he took so long to shoot over him that the rest of the celtics collapsed on him...... he needs to be more aggressive and look for his mid range shot. he is not going to be able to put the ball on the floor against this team

JJ is a star but the reason why he is good and not great is because he lacks the emotion of a true champion..he has all the skill set in the world though. Still kind of young but I would love to see him get some more fire under him next season. With that said, I think he will have a tough series because the Celts are a very stellar defensive team and there are double teaming JJ so he will struggle to score but I would like to see him defend and make good passes out of double teams and play hard at all times though..all the attention is on him offensively

JJ will get plenty looks, all we have to do is move the ball. Boston is a good defensive team but no team can rotate consistently against great ball movement. The key for JJ is to let the game come to him and not dribble too much, when he dribbles too much, he is easier for Boston to defend. We have to get him off of screens and in pick and rolls, and most of all, we need some penetration from Bibby and Salim.

Quote:

the difference between jj and other stars is that they are aggressive and show intensity. He needs to go to the hole jam it down and scream like hell. If joe had the same intensity as al or smoove he would be one helluva player.

Exactly. Joe Johnson is too soft to be a great player. When his jump shot is off, he's useless and actually turns into a liability because he's soft mentally. His idea of being aggressive is driving to the hole and shooting that weak floater he loves to put up. When his shot is off, his mentality should be that he's going to take it to the basket and either make a layup or get fouled. Another thing that bugs the heck out of me about Johnson is that he's just not a smart player. He always fakes his shot, gets the defender up in the air, and he never draws a foul to get to the freethrow line.. He goes around the defender all of the time just to take a jumpshot, and when his shot is off, he passes up easy freethrows just to miss a jumpshot. It's as if he's never seen Reggie Miller or any of the other smart veterans play. Heck, he should have at least learned from Sam Cassell the other week. Yet, he still didn't learn.

Quote:

Joe Johnson is too soft to be a great player. When his jump shot is off, he's useless and actually turns into a liability because he's soft mentally.

Wow, soft mentally because he's not a loud person? Actually when his shot is off, he actually puts up great assist numbers. Noone plays exceptional when their shot is off. Look at Kobe the other night. Only players like Lebron/Wade or Jordan in his prime who are absolutely dominant driving to the lane can make up for this. Sure, I do agree that he could drive more to get some fouls, but that doesn't mean he's soft.

Quote:

His idea of being aggressive is driving to the hole and shooting that weak floater he loves to put up.

You mean that "weak floater" that is money almost every time?

Quote:

He always fakes his shot, gets the defender up in the air, and he never draws a foul to get to the freethrow line..

I agree with this, I wish he'd learn that tactic.

Quote:

Quote:

Joe Johnson is too soft to be a great player. When his jump shot is off, he's useless and actually turns into a liability because he's soft mentally.

Wow, soft mentally because he's not a loud person? Actually when his shot is off, he actually puts up great assist numbers. Noone plays exceptional when their shot is off. Look at Kobe the other night. Only players like Lebron/Wade or Jordan in his prime who are absolutely dominant driving to the lane can make up for this. Sure, I do agree that he could drive more to get some fouls, but that doesn't mean he's soft.

Quote:

His idea of being aggressive is driving to the hole and shooting that weak floater he loves to put up.

You mean that "weak floater" that is money almost every time?

Quote:

He always fakes his shot, gets the defender up in the air, and he never draws a foul to get to the freethrow line..

I agree with this, I wish he'd learn that tactic.

Wow, you really put some words in my mouth, didn't you? First off, I said that he's soft. I didn't say he was soft because he's not loud. That's just silly. You can be quiet and still not be soft. Joe is not. He's soft because he avoids contact when he knows that he can't buy a bucket. And yes, when his shot is off, then that weak floater is off. Just like in game 1. His jumpshot was off, so he approached the rim, but stopped short of going all the way in order to put up that weak floater, that was also as off as his jumpshot. If he's on, then I have no problem with it. When we need points, I have a problem with the so-called star of our team missing shot after shot without trying to get to the free throw line.

Quote:

Wow, you really put some words in my mouth, didn't you? First off, I said that he's soft. I didn't say he was soft because he's not loud. That's just silly.

Read the quote that you responded to, it gives that perception, because the entire quote is talking about how he isn't loud enough. Your first words, were "Exactly, Joe is too soft to be a great player. " and went on from there. You did give other reasons, but that quote made it seem like you agreed completely with the quote you responded to.

However, I do agree with some of your points and have always wanted Joe to take more contact when he gets players in the air.