• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bibby was right about the bandwagon thing.

thefloydian

Quote:

plus, i don't think he was expecting us to have bandwagon fans, which we actually have now. but frankly, i'll take any fan we have because the fans helped earn the hawks the win tonight...

flava

Definitely, but no one ever accused Atlanta of having good fans, whereas Boston seems to get credit for having some amazing fan base.

Quote:

Quote:

Boston fans are ready to jump off the wagon. Or under it.

Nah, they're just going to throw the team/coach/etc under it and go back to cheering the Red Sox until their next Buckner moment.

Sorry but you are wrong. Red Sox fans aren't on an bandwagon like the Celtics fans are. I have been a Sox fan since birth like everyone I know and we are not going anywhere.

Bibby was right about Celtics fans but don't label the whole state that way because you are way off base.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Boston fans are ready to jump off the wagon. Or under it.

Nah, they're just going to throw the team/coach/etc under it and go back to cheering the Red Sox until their next Buckner moment.

Sorry but you are wrong. Red Sox fans aren't on an bandwagon like the Celtics fans are. I have been a Sox fan since birth like everyone I know and we are not going anywhere.

Bibby was right about Celtics fans but don't label the whole state that way because you are way off base.

I remember they had a segment during game five where they interviewed Bostonians about the Celtics and the series... like two or three of them where like "to be honest, I care much more about what is going on with the Red Sox than the Celts"

Boston is a baseball town.

Quote:

You're right. Red Sox fans aren't bandwagon fans. Patriots fans are.

Actually, Atlanta fans aren't bandwagon fans AT ALL. Everyone is absolutely right when they say the fans didn't support the team through the last few years. However, the team and ownership never really gave Atlanta anything to cheer for and seemingly made boneheaded decisions. But the team finally accomplished something by making the playoffs. But even then, our Hawks went up to Boston and looked PATHETIC and our addition of Bibby seemed futile. But what happened? The Hawks came home to be finished off by the Celtics and Phillips Arena WAS PACKED. How can you call that bandwagon? The fans came out to SUPPORT THE 0-2 HAWKS BECAUSE THEY ACCOMPLISHED SOMETHING...THEY MADE THE PLAYOFFS AND THE FANS CAME OUT AND SHOWED THEM WHAT WINNING CAN BE ALL ABOUT. This whole season, and the previous 3, were about laying the pipework and electrical wiring, AND THE FANS FLIPPED THE SWITCH.

I think our fans are awesome.