What's our record since Bibby?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

So if we give Bibby a 7 game cushion because of comfortability and getting over his injury...

next season, we can predict somewhere between 39 and 56 wins for this team if everything remains similar.

Quote:

Quote:

So if we give Bibby a 7 game cushion because of comfortability and getting over his injury...

next season, we can predict somewhere between 39 and 56 wins for this team if everything remains similar.

I don't know.

This team should have won 45 this season. The talent was there, and they underachieved more often than not.

Next year, the team should push 50 wins, IMO.

To do so, this team has to totally commit to playing defense and rebounding.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know.

This team should have won 45 this season. The talent was there, and they underachieved more often than not.

Next year, the team should push 50 wins, IMO.

To do so, this team has to totally commit to playing defense and rebounding.

I think the experience of the playoffs will have a big effect on our players.

I think JJ developed a little more trust in our guys over that series.

I still worry about Smoove.

I like Bibby on the team but mainly becuase he was a bonified second option to Joe from the outside. He leaves a lot on the table in terms of penetration and perimter D, something that Acie seams to have down. Josh and Al need a point guard that can break down a defense to do some damage inside.

That makes me wonder - could Bibby's expiring max contract be better spent on another legit outside option for Joe and keep Acie as the starting 1?

I am not sold on this idea but wanted to put this out there. If we were able to get Mike Miller and Kyle Lowry for Bibby and his expiring contract - would we be a more well rounded team? Which team is better

Acie or Bibby

Joe

Miller vs. Marvin

Josh

Horford

Bibby is not even a good player anymore. Second option? Did you see him against Boston or pretty much any quality team after he was traded here?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?playerId=61

Take a look at his game long. He was almost always crappy against quality teams. That's because he can't do anything anymore besides shoot 3 point shots and he is not even an accurate shooter now.

Quote:

Bibby is not even a good player anymore. Second option? Did you see him against Boston or pretty much any quality team after he was traded here?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?playerId=61

Take a look at his game long. He was almost always crappy against quality teams. That's because he can't do anything anymore besides shoot 3 point shots and he is not even an accurate shooter now.

I agree...yet I also think he's the best PG we've had in the ASG era. Sad, but true IMO. He's good enough to help this team win more than half our games, and he's a far better mentor for Law than Lue, AJ or Speedy.

I think this team as it's built right now is good enough to get over .500 with Woody and a PG rotation of Bibby, Law and maybe Speedy.

With a better coach than Woody it can definitely get to 45-48 wins, and be back in the "competitive/dangerous" team territory.

50's a stretch even with a new coach unless a major move is made.

I think they should get a new GM and coach, bring back everyone on the team unless a great opportunity comes along, maybe add a small piece here and there, and let the new coach have a go at the wheel. That way he and the new GM can evaluate the talent, pick and choose who they like, plot a course, and start making major moves if necessary before the trade deadline when Bibby's contract will be worth the most.

Coming back with Woody is a huge huge huge mistake.