• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

You guys dont.....

adrian

seem to hyped about next season. So far on this forum all its been is negativity. Come on we took Boston to 7, we dont know what our offseason holds, at the start of the year all our young guys will come back better, Bibby will have had a whole training camp to mesh, we will have two attractive expiring contracts come the trade deadline, we have the real rookie of the year on our team and another rook who looks promising, possibly a new coach, more attendance due to our playoff run, and a hopefully upgraded bench.

• Premium Member

Quote:

seem to hyped about next season. So far on this forum all its been is negativity. Come on we took Boston to 7, we dont know what our offseason holds, at the start of the year all our young guys will come back better, Bibby will have had a whole training camp to mesh, we will have two attractive expiring contracts come the trade deadline, we have the real rookie of the year on our team and another rook who looks promising, possibly a new coach, more attendance due to our playoff run, and a hopefully upgraded bench.

It's not all negativity.

The truth is that we have to find a coach, resign players, and answer questions about Bibby.

It's just a lot more uncertainty than excitement.

Quote:

I don't think the negativity comes from anything on court. It has everything to do what goes on in the courtroom, frontoffice, and with ownership. I think everybody applauds Joe, Josh, Josh, Marvin, Zaza, Horf, Acie, Bibby, Jeremy, Mario, Solo, and Salim for what happened in the playoffs. It's to be commended.

However, the decisions made by Billy, Woody, Gearon, Belkin, Levenson, Peskowitz and Seydel cast a HUGE shadow over this team. It's a tough pill to swallow that these guys (sans Billy) will decide the future of this team. The fact that Gearon can't seem to make an objective assessment of what this team did and Woody seems untouchable, despite the huge discrepencies in road wins and losses is bothersome.

Not speaking for everyone, but I think people don't feel secure about the direction of this team. The three playoff wins don't erase the fact our owners are still suing each other, the organization supports a coach with a below .400 winning percentage, two major pieces of our team remain unsigned (when one piece could have been signed at a lower price last summer than what the market will probably dictate this summer), and we don't have a GM. To add to all of this, the notion that the ownership group will give the incoming GM limited autonomy on who the coach will be (in the midst of an offseason where D'Antoni, Avery Johnson, Rick Carlise, and Larry Brown are/were available), is frustrating to many. Let's not forget that we don't have a draft pick this year.

What is happening off the court has a direct impact on what we could see on the court next season. If the front office was stable, I think people would be amped about next year. In fairness, we all have to see what we do in free agency and through trades. Me personally, I don't trust the guys making the decisions.

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think the negativity comes from anything on court. It has everything to do what goes on in the courtroom, frontoffice, and with ownership. I think everybody applauds Joe, Josh, Josh, Marvin, Zaza, Horf, Acie, Bibby, Jeremy, Mario, Solo, and Salim for what happened in the playoffs. It's to be commended.

However, the decisions made by Billy, Woody, Gearon, Belkin, Levenson, Peskowitz and Seydel cast a HUGE shadow over this team. It's a tough pill to swallow that these guys (sans Billy) will decide the future of this team. The fact that Gearon can't seem to make an objective assessment of what this team did and Woody seems untouchable, despite the huge discrepencies in road wins and losses is bothersome.

Not speaking for everyone, but I think people don't feel secure about the direction of this team. The three playoff wins don't erase the fact our owners are still suing each other, the organization supports a coach with a below .400 winning percentage, two major pieces of our team remain unsigned (when one piece could have been signed at a lower price last summer than what the market will probably dictate this summer), and we don't have a GM. To add to all of this, the notion that the ownership group will give the incoming GM limited autonomy on who the coach will be (in the midst of an offseason where D'Antoni, Avery Johnson, Rick Carlise, and Larry Brown are/were available), is frustrating to many. Let's not forget that we don't have a draft pick this year.

What is happening off the court has a direct impact on what we could see on the court next season. If the front office was stable, I think people would be amped about next year. In fairness, we all have to see what we do in free agency and through trades. Me personally, I don't trust the guys making the decisions.

Good post and it sums up my feelings. I have NO trust in the ASG, this taints my fandom. Why invest in a team that you see making a colosal mistake? Will I watch Hawks games next season? Sure. But will I buy season tickets? No way, not until Mike Woodson is gone.

I can't wait for next season. These young guys now have a taste of what it takes to make it in the playoffs... and they are hungry. Let the smack down begin.

All the other junk with the ownership, the coach, GM, center, etc; will be taken care of. Its not like we can do anything about it. Although, it is fun to discuss and speculate.

I think you summarized the underlying anxiety to the majority of the posters here, including mine. The product on the floor is something to get excited about, but the people running the show just cast a pall of unease about everything going on here.

This ownership group has not inspired any confidence with their squabbling and meddlesome ways. I wish they would just hire a good GM, give him a blank check for player personnel decisions and get out of his way.

Unlikely, to say the least.

I would say this offseason is the most important the Hawks have had in a long, long time, and will shape the future of the franchise for the next 5-10 years.

I'm just not confident about the people calling the shots.

Quote:

All the other junk with the ownership, the coach, GM, center, etc;
will be taken care of.
Its not like we can do anything about it. Although, it is fun to discuss and speculate.

We've been hoping for this to happen the past few years and it just hasn't. I wish I shared in your sentiments.

Quote:

It's really absurd there is so much pessimism when we have one of the brightest young rosters in the NBA

If we at least re-sign Josh Smith (which sounds like we are making an effort to do) this will continue to be the case.

There are many teams not as young or talented as us. In fact this will be the case for the overwhelming majority of the league in years to come. But you'd never know it with a city with some of the most pessimistic fans in all of sports

Quote:

Quote:

+1

I couldn't have said it better myself. This is exactly how I feel. What makes it the most troublesome is the fact that we have a VERY good team. Too bad our coach sucks and our FO is to blind to see it.