• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

28 Weeks later

Plainview1981

I thought the beginning was GREAT. I thought the end has a little too....'explosion-y', but overall, it was well done. The first one was filmed with a Canon XL1, and on a low budget... for what it was, you've gotta give it some props.

Not a huge surprise here but I strongly disagree with you. Both 28 days and 28 weeks were excellent movies and obviously I'm not alone in that as 28 days has a higher IMDB rating than 28 weeks does. You will probably also be disappointed that Danny Boyle will be directing the next 28 movie (28 months) since he directed the first movie.

28 Days Later is a big scam. It's a lie. There is nothing groundbreaking in that movie. It's one of the most overhyped and overrated movies of all time. The movie is one big ripoff and a laughable 3rd act to boot. When they wanted Naomie Harris to put on a dress(as if it would make her look any better... NOT) before raping her I almost busted out laughing. I laugh at it's weak attempts to use "boo" scares.

They didn't work in PG-13 movies and they're not scary here either. Watching a stereotypical black woman character walk around.... walk around some more... and walk around some more is not my idea of entertaining. Honestly, horror movies should realize there is no real "horror" in horror movies and accept what they are. Atleast 28 Weeks Later does that.

I don't know why I'm supposed to care what IMDB says or shows.

No offense to you, but I was just really letdown by this one.

Why don't you explain what I don't "get".

Why don't I "get" about the stale acting of Cillian Murphy? What don't I "get" about the stereotypical Naomi Harris character?

I watched it again last night and it's still not very good. I wasn't convinced when Naomie's character when from tough woman to being totally weak and Murphy's character (who couldn't do anything right for most of the movie) turn into Rambo.

What about when he cut Bub errrrr the black guy chained up lose? How did he know Bub wouldn't get the woman and child? I know I know... That's just how they wrote it up. What about when Gleeson looks up and gets the blood in his eye. Just bad timing I guess.

It sure is heck isn't scary.

Btw, that site also has The Departed over To Kill a Mocking Bird in the top 250. That site means nothing.