• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don Waddell to replace Bernie Mullin?

KB21

When Bernie Mullin "resigned" in January, the owners stated that it was because his position wasn't really needed. Now, there is a lot of speculation that Don Waddell has been asked to take over the role that Bernie Mullin had within the front office. The ownership group has denied that they have asked Don to step down as the GM of the Thrashers, but they have not denied anything about him taking on another role within the organization. Don Waddell has even moved into Bernie Mullin's old office.

If this happens, I wonder what this means for the Hawks? With the inactivity on the Hawks GM search to this point, and with the news that Waddell may be moving up in the front office, it makes me wonder if the ASG is waiting on Waddell's decision before moving forward with the GM searches for both the Hawks and Thrashers.

There are serious rumors in the hockey world that the ASG is already interviewing for the Thrasher GM position. Thus, it appears Waddell is going to the old Mullen pisition.

The ASG has got to realize that the fans aren't as dumb as they are treating us. First, they say that Mullen was fired so that the ASG could be more involved in day to day ops of the clubs. Now, all of a sudden, Waddell is going to move into the same position. This only serves to foster the belief that Mullen was fired because he backed BK in the Woodson dispute. I would much prefer GM Jr. to be honest with us all and just say he wants to try and be GM. I think we could all deal with that, as bad as it maybe, but at least we know we are being treated with respect. Instead we get GM Jr.'s lawyer-esque half-truths.

For my $s it will be a great day when the ASG no longer owns these teams. It can't get much worse than this.