• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If they trade Smith, I give up

prolikewhoa

You don't draft a player out of high school only to trade him at 22-23 years old. He is showing lots of promise. The shot selection will come with experience. The guy alters opponent's shots with his blocking. He can jump probably higher than anyone in the league.

He's still 3-4 years away from his prime. It would be another Hawks mistake to trade him. I will give up on this team if they do. It would have to be a deal from heaven for me to support it. It would need to be a deal to ignite Atlanta fans and fill up Philips Arena. But any player who would do that is not on the block. No, I don't want Dirk. Or Iguodala.

Keep Josh. Trade Marvin and a player for a center.

I agree with you..i dont want Smith to be traded because he is the hometown hero and most of all he has way too much potential..he can be an all star next season!!! but if he is traded, it should be for someone really good at least. And the person that said they like Marvin's game more than JSmooth's game, i see where your coming from as a fan of Mrvin but you have to admit that JSmooth is and will be better than Marvin for years to come..his impact on the game is just more than what Marvin can bring offensively and defensively. I wouldnt mind too much if Marvin is traded but JSMooth is a keeper man!!!

Giving up on Marvin is almost as dumb as giving up on Smoove. Marvin was puttin up around 17 a game before he hurt his leg. He is developing nicely and dont forget he is still the youngest on the team.

• Premium Member

Quote:

You don't draft a player one year out of high school only to trade him at 21-22 years old. He is showing lots of promise. The three point shot will come with experience. The guy defends the opposition's best wing scorer. He can hit the mid-range shot with consistency.

He's still 3-4 years away from his prime. It would be another Hawks mistake to trade him. I will give up on this team if they do. It would have to be a deal from heaven for me to support it. It would need to be a deal to ignite Atlanta fans and fill up Philips Arena. But any player who would do that is not on the block. No, I don't want Dirk. Or Iguodala.

Keep Marvin. Trade Childress and a player for a center.

FYP

People have been worrying about Smith leaving since last summer. But the reality is that in recent years most high profile RFA's don't get any offers at all. Considering how many rfa's are available it is highly likely Smith doesn't get any offers and after the Boston series i think they will be even less inclined to trade Smith.

Quote:

Quote:

You don't draft a player one year out of high school only to trade him at 21-22 years old. He is showing lots of promise. The three point shot will come with experience. The guy defends the opposition's best wing scorer. He can hit the mid-range shot with consistency.

FYP

How did you get that last line? Why would you change someone else's opinion. Maybe because its not your own. Write your own post and stop altering others.

Quote:

Quote:

FYP

I'm glad you're not the GM.

• Premium Member

I don't care what you think.

I do care about this:

Per36 -

Joe Johnson (Age 22, 3rd season) --> 14.8 pts, 4.2 rebs, 3.9 asts., eFG% 46.2, TS% 49.1

Marvin Williams (Age 21, 3rd season) --> 15.4 pts, 6.0 rebs, 1.8 asts., eFG% 46.2, TS% 54.0

Fans of a team that's lead by Joe Johnson should know that it's too soon to give up on Marvin Williams.

yah exactly on point!!! marvins my second fav player next to joe. When i was a phoenix fan, alot of people liked joe johnson but didnt think that he would be this good. The same goes for here. I swear that if we trade marvin we are going to severly regret it. Marvin and joe hand similer games exept that joe tend to slash more when he was young.

Quote:

I don't care what you think.

I do care about this:

Per36 -

Joe Johnson (Age 22, 3rd season) --> 14.8 pts, 4.2 rebs, 3.9 asts., eFG% 46.2, TS% 49.1

Marvin Williams (Age 21, 3rd season) --> 15.4 pts, 6.0 rebs, 1.8 asts., eFG% 46.2, TS% 54.0

Fans of a team that's lead by Joe Johnson should know that it's too soon to give up on Marvin Williams.

Yeah, and players like JJ happen RARELY. Looking at their raw numbers might suggest that he's going to likely get that good, or even close to that good, but watching him doesn't. Marvin has a LOT of things he needs to improve before his PER numbers go up. Because as of now he doesn't have an inside game at all and can't create off the dribble. It's not like he's creating great shots and missing them, he usually just puts his head down and runs towards the basket and either turns it over, gets blocked, bailed out by a foul or in a rare case scores. He's a shooter and he doesn't even have 3pt range. If he develops that range next year than I'm on board for keeping him, otherwise no.

Quote:

People have been worrying about Smith leaving since last summer. But the reality is that in recent years most high profile RFA's don't get any offers at all. Considering how many rfa's are available it is highly likely Smith doesn't get any offers and after the Boston series i think they will be even less inclined to trade Smith.

Well, that's because most of the TOP FA's always get resigned before they become rFA. The others usually get S&T'd if they do leave, but there have been some offers for plenty of RFA's in the past.

Quote:

Smooves situation reminds me of jj's when he was in phoenix

The only reason JJ left is because they let him.

Some people here don't understand the R in RFA. That R prevents a lot of offers, as does the relatively few teams under the cap.

Harrington wasn't even restricted and he didn't get any offers. Wilcox, Gooden and Chandler got no offers. G Wallace was unrestricted last year and got no offers.