• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Law vs Stuckey

DrReality

Quote:

look at the game logs for both players.look at the minutes and notice Stuckey didn't score alot of points or have alot of assists alot of the time.That's is expected from a rookie PG,especially one coming off the bench.but u notice no matter what Stuckey still had a decent amount of minutes every game he played.Look at Acie and you can notice a good game followed by 4 minutes and 5 miuntes the next two games.Woodson handled him the worst he possibly could.Woody handled him alot worse than Keith McCleod starting over Deron Williams half of his rookie year.

U telling me when your other PG's are Anthony Johnson and Tyronn Lue your most talented PG by far can't get 30 minutes in a game even when he's ON?Woodson was Acie's problem.Stuckey was in an offense,like most players,they atleast have a normal offense.Woody had no offense so what could Acie do especially with our sorry non scoring backups that Woody played?the few guys on the bench that could convert his passes into points were never played.no rookie PG is gonna do well consistently when the 4 other guys stand in one place the whole possession while watching the one guy with the ball.

I bet flip saunders wouldn't pull stuckey the minute he made one mistake yet let lindsey hunter play like an idiot for 30 minutes.

Woody tried multiple times to bench Horford for Zaza at the beginning of the season.

The bottom line is WOODY IS A HORRIBLE COACH THAT PUTS GUYS IN SITUATIONS NOT TO BE SUCCESSFUL.and both guards will be good in this league.

Good post and I agree totally. One of the top reasons he has to go.

I want Acie to succeed at least as much as anyone else here, but his production was NOT a Woody problem. Woody tried to play him when he was productive, but Acie got injured and had difficulty regaining his confidence when he returned. He played games and made not one, but several consecutive mistakes that resulted from low confidence, and was appropriately benched at that point. Some would say he should be allowed to play through even the multiple mistakes, but if the Hawks lose even one more game (as might have happened if Acie had been left in) they don't make the playoffs, they don't push Boston to 7 and they don't have momentum going into next year like they do now.

What would this team's morale be like without the Boston series? Regardless of who the coach or GM is, we needed this post season BAD. Acie played well in his few playoff minutes, and I for one hope that he grows enough to take the position from Bibby sooner, rather than later, so we can use those $$ for a big in '09-'10, and or quality spot shooting.

Woody gave Acie every reasonable chance to handle the point, injury and confidence bad karma just didn't let it happen.

Quote:

I want Acie to succeed at least as much as anyone else here, but his production was NOT a Woody problem. Woody tried to play him when he was productive, but Acie got injured and had difficulty regaining his confidence when he returned. He played games and made not one, but several consecutive mistakes that resulted from low confidence, and was appropriately benched at that point. Some would say he should be allowed to play through even the multiple mistakes, but if the Hawks lose even one more game (as might have happened if Acie had been left in) they don't make the playoffs, they don't push Boston to 7 and they don't have momentum going into next year like they do now.

What would this team's morale be like without the Boston series? Regardless of who the coach or GM is, we needed this post season BAD. Acie played well in his few playoff minutes, and I for one hope that he grows enough to take the position from Bibby sooner, rather than later, so we can use those $$ for a big in '09-'10, and or quality spot shooting.

Woody gave Acie every reasonable chance to handle the point, injury and confidence bad karma just didn't let it happen.

In game 2 vs Boston Acie played 21 minutes and scored 12 pts, hitting every shot he took. At halftime Woody was interviewed and asked about Acie and he said Acie was a better matchup against Rondo.

Acie played a total of 21 minutes the next 4 games.

Quote:

Woody gave Acie every reasonable chance to handle the point
, injury and confidence bad karma just didn't let it happen.

laughable.Stuckey had injuries too,like I pointed out before Stuckey only played 1 more game than him.He had almost 20 minutes a game and look at his game logs he was not lighting it up,yet got minutes every game.Only 3 games total that he played in he played less than 10 minutes while Acie had 20 and some more DNP's for no reason,that's without the injuries.Acie's confindence was hurt not just because of injures it's because he'd get pulled if he made one mistake.and even when he IS playing well he'll still get pulled.it's a lose lose for ACie.If he starts and runs the team great and we have the lead he'll still get pulled.If we build a lead with him in,he'll get pulled.Woody was his problem.Injuries is not gonna make him scared to take a jumpshot.He outplayed every PG on the roster at the beginning of the year and he got the starting job yet Lue still got more minutes.He got hurt and a REAL coach would have inserted him back into HIS starting spot when he came back.NAHHH not Woody.He let AJ, the guy who walked out on the team after Acie took his job and pouted during pre-season when he wasn't getting minutes,start until Knight had to trade him and Lue to keep that dumb coach from finding ways not to play Acie.He put him in a situation where Acie was the only other PG so he had to get minutes. and what does Woody do now? he plays Childress at the point.WHAT A DUMAZZ

WOODY WAS ACIE'S PROBLEM

But what's up with Acie's shot though? I watched him at A&M and he shot the ball extremely well. I don't like his mechanics on it, bad rotation on the ball. He needs to find his stroke next season if he wants to play more.

Quote:

But what's up with Acie's shot though? I watched him at A&M and he shot the ball extremely well. I don't like his mechanics on it, bad rotation on the ball. He needs to find his stroke next season if he wants to play more.

no confidence.Woody didn't give him to green light to just play with no worries.At the beginning he'd get an open shot and pump fake nobody then drive into traffic.He was always hesitating because if he missed he'd get pulled.The few times he just went straight up with it he hit more times than not.