• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who can we trade with to move back into the 1st?

gsuteke

• Premium Member

Quote:

16. Philly

17. Toronto

18. Washington

19. Cleveland

20. Denver

21. New Jersey

22. Orlando

23. Utah

Target: Roy Hibbert/Robin Lopez

Definitely Cleveland. They are championship quality. They don't have time to develop. Everybody is talkin the loss of Lebron to NY.

Quote:

Quote:

16. Philly

17. Toronto

18. Washington

19. Cleveland

20. Denver

21. New Jersey

22. Orlando

23. Utah

Definitely Cleveland. They are championship quality. They don't have time to develop. Everybody is talkin the loss of Lebron to NY.

Cleveland is over the cap. You can't send them Mike Bibby's huge deal for even one season without having to take back a huge chunk of salary. Bibby is earning MORE than Lebron James at present.

Even if they cut salary by NOT resigning anyone whose contract is expiring, I'm pretty sure that there's only three guys who have enough money on the books to help make room to take on Bibby's deal-Ilgauskus, Ben Wallace, Wally Sczerbiak. They're not going to give us any of those guys AND a first round pick to get Bibby's expiring contract.

I can't even begin to draw up a trade with Cleveland that deals with the salary issues and still nets us a first round draft pick.

Personally, I don't want any draft picks. We need VETS. There's a reason that so many team are looking to trade away their picks this season... few guys who will make an impact in the next 1-2 seasons. A bunch of projects... and haven't we had our fill of projects? At some point, we have to stop running a Junior Achievement branch and employ adults to supplement our already youthful core. NO DRAFT PICKS.

Spend on some vets like Kurt Thomas, Jarvis Hayes, Chris Duhon, Fred Jones, Francisco Elson or Adonal Foyle (who may opt out). All of those guys should be on the lower end of the pay scale.

Quote:

Personally, I don't want any draft picks. We need VETS. There's a reason that so many team are looking to trade away their picks this season... few guys who will make an impact in the next 1-2 seasons. A bunch of projects... and haven't we had our fill of projects? At some point, we have to stop running a Junior Achievement branch and employ adults to supplement our already youthful core. NO DRAFT PICKS.

Spend on some vets like Kurt Thomas, Jarvis Hayes, Chris Duhon, Fred Jones, Francisco Elson or Adonal Foyle (who may opt out). All of those guys should be on the lower end of the pay scale.

Well said !

If the roster stays in tact we will have 3 guys that start who are only 22. Our back up PG will be 23, Chillz 24, and ZaZa at 24 as our first 3 guys off the bench. If we bring over David Anderson he is 27 but will be a NBA rookie.

No more rookies or young guys are needed here next season season.

Lets target seasoned, playoff tested veterans ! After all, we do want to be a playoff team again, don't we ?

Well we "may" have settled our issues at PG for the foreseeable future.

Now if we can get that legit big man that's young and pair him with the rest of our core I think we're onto something for the next 5 years.

We can get some shooters through minor deals. I see the Hawks being a team a Vet wants to play for in the next year or two.

I see the Hawks as being a major piece (the Center I'm proposing trading for) along with some minor tweaking in the shooting dept. away from being able to compete with the Clevelands, Detroits, and Bostons next season and beyond.

Hibbert may be a little on the slow side but give me a break on the why would we want him argument. He can defend the paint and rebound.

Now the 65 million dollar question, what can we trade?

If there is a need and the player is there you must make the move.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

16. Philly

17. Toronto

18. Washington

19. Cleveland

20. Denver

21. New Jersey

22. Orlando

23. Utah

Cleveland is over the cap. You can't send them Mike Bibby's huge deal for even one season without having to take back a huge chunk of salary. Bibby is earning MORE than Lebron James at present.

Even if they cut salary by NOT resigning anyone whose contract is expiring, I'm pretty sure that there's only three guys who have enough money on the books to help make room to take on Bibby's deal-Ilgauskus, Ben Wallace, Wally Sczerbiak. They're not going to give us any of those guys AND a first round pick to get Bibby's expiring contract.

I can't even begin to draw up a trade with Cleveland that deals with the salary issues and still nets us a first round draft pick.

No I didn't say Pick for Player. I said that Cleveland may deal their pick.

As far as a trade:

Marvin Williams, Speedy Claxton, and Mike Bibby for Wally Z, Eric Snow, Damon Jones, and a 1st.

Before you go balking... We get a 1st rounder... and 3 ending contracts. Plus both Wally and Jones can shoot!

They get a Young Marvin and they get to try Bibby out with James for a championship run.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

16. Philly

17. Toronto

18. Washington

19. Cleveland

20. Denver

21. New Jersey

22. Orlando

23. Utah

As far as a trade:

Marvin Williams, Speedy Claxton, and Mike Bibby for Wally Z, Eric Snow, Damon Jones, and a 1st.

Before you go balking... We get a 1st rounder... and 3 ending contracts. Plus both Wally and Jones can shoot!

They get a Young Marvin and they get to try Bibby out with James for a championship run.

I didn't know you thought Marvin's age was still relevant.

• Moderators

Quote:

However, compared to Nash and Shaq... He's young.

No need to reach for guys at the end of their careers. Compared to guys like Tayshaun Prince and Dwayne Wade he's young.

Quote:

Quote:

However, compared to Nash and Shaq... He's young.

No need to reach for guys at the end of their careers. Compared to guys like Tayshaun Prince and Dwayne Wade he's young.

I'd love it if the Hawks got Tayshuan, but how many small forwards can one roster hold?

agree...we need to fill the roster with some solid vets who can throw in a few points and rebounds each....i think with bibby for a full year, some playoff experience(aka confidence), and law's continued development, we are going to be a pretty freaking decent team if we can get some solid vets.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

16. Philly

17. Toronto

18. Washington

19. Cleveland

20. Denver

21. New Jersey

22. Orlando

23. Utah

As far as a trade:

Why the HELL would thay want Marvin Williams? The only player we have that they'd be remotely interested in is Bibby.