• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A new conversation.

Diesel

• Premium Member

It hasn't been discussed, but I feel strongly that our guys: Zaza, Horf, Solo, Smoove, and Marv needs to spend this summer at a Big man's camp. I think this should be mandated by Sund (after we resign Smoove). Preferrably, if Clifford Ray and Robert Parrish are holding a big man camp, our guys should be there. Our guys need to learn footwork in the low post. Offensive and defensive (especially). I would also hope that Horf could pick up some offensive pointers.

I already stated that Marv should take up a soccer camp and hit the weights... Put on some beef and work on the footwork... (if he stays)

Horford, Soloman, and ZaZa (if he stays), and also Anderson should definitely sign up for the "big man camp"... I don't know about everyone else but it seems to me that Solo looks alot like (in build) Garnett... Tall and lanky... I'm not saying that he will become as great as KG, but he seems to have the build...

I played 13 years... That means I know exactly how much the keepers have to move or run in practice and in games... He should try a different position... Think about it, the more you use your feet to dribble, the better your footwork gets... He gets better footwork and works on his outside shot, while putting on muscle, so he can bang when need be, that's the ALL-AROUND player he could be... "Could be" are the key words there... The only question is WILL HE?

Quote:

I think this should be mandated by Sund

I dont think this is even allowed under the CBA. All workout in the offseason (other than summer league) are volutary.

Even if Marvin wanted to work out with one of the Hawks coaches during the summer i don't think it would be allowed.

Quote:

I already stated that Marv should take up a soccer camp and hit the weights... Put on some beef and work on the footwork... (if he stays)

Horford, Soloman, and ZaZa (if he stays), and also Anderson should definitely sign up for the "big man camp"... I don't know about everyone else but it seems to me that Solo looks alot like (in build) Garnett... Tall and lanky... I'm not saying that he will become as great as KG, but he seems to have the build...

Why the $%## Solo didnt spend at least half a season in the NBDL last year is beyond any logical reason to me. The only thing I can think of is the ASG were to cheap to pay another nba roster spot. He could have been playing somewhere learning better defensive skills. Instead he was a guy you saw once every 15 games. Made no dam sense to me. The guy has potential to be a good shot blocker and rebounder. Something we really need.

• Premium Member

Actually, Marvin should take up Gymnastics. I've never taken Gymnastics but if it will help his balance, get Marvin some ballerina shoes and a balance beam and let him practice with girls scouts who never fall.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I dont think this is even allowed under the CBA. All workout in the offseason (other than summer league) are volutary.

Even if Marvin wanted to work out with one of the Hawks coaches during the summer i don't think it would be allowed.

You beat your sweet Jesus it's allowed. Golden State's former GM (St. Jean) mandated that all of his bigs go to Pete Newell's big man camp. It's not a team function since all Big men are invited.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You beat your sweet Jesus it's allowed. Golden State's former GM (St. Jean) mandated that all of his bigs go to Pete Newell's big man camp. It's not a team function since all Big men are invited.

You do realize we are under a different CBA now, right?

Last summer when the Marvin article came out the point was made that when he talked to one of the assistants they could actually get together to work on things. Marvin had to do it on his own.

Quote:

Actually, Marvin should take up Gymnastics. I've never taken Gymnastics but if it will help his balance, get Marvin some ballerina shoes and a balance beam and let him practice with girls scouts who never fall.

he would damage his man hood on a balance beam.He'd prolly break his neck.and this is not an anti Marvin post.It's the truth.

Quote:

I actually started tumbling during my 10th grade year to get into good shape before baseball and it worked. It doesn't help your balance as much as your body control and Marvin would probably lose 10-15 pounds but gain more strenth.

Quote:

It hasn't been discussed, but I feel strongly that our guys: Zaza, Horf, Solo, Smoove, and Marv needs to spend this summer at a Big man's camp. I think this should be mandated by Sund (after we resign Smoove). Preferrably, if Clifford Ray and Robert Parrish are holding a big man camp, our guys should be there. Our guys need to learn footwork in the low post. Offensive and defensive (especially). I would also hope that Horf could pick up some offensive pointers.

No doubt, I have said before, Zaza needs to stay stateside this summer and really train for his(moreso Hawks) contract year. He is still very young, very big and with potentate possiblities. The image of stepping in KG's Grill moves me to believe he can be that center

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I actually started tumbling during my 10th grade year to get into good shape before baseball and it worked. It doesn't help your balance as much as your body control and Marvin would probably lose 10-15 pounds but gain more strenth.

Well, I didn't say it Jokingly. I remember a few years back, Herschell took up Ballet to help his footwork. I think Gymnastics would do the same for balance.

Quote:

Ballerina shoes, check. Balance beam, check. But what about the pink tutu? confused.gif

What is as important as what they do is that they have the motivation to do . . . . just as Smoove did when he worked out with Olijawan. He's shown the motivation every summer to do what it takes to go to the next level. Now he needs to go to a school on how to make good decisions.