• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's looking like Theo for Odom?

Diesel

Dolfan,

Do you think that the Clipps would go for that? I can't imagine they would. CC is a bum who is hurt and signed for a ton. Nazr is a decent player, at best. Our future first is top 15 protected.

I mean, if I am the Clipp, I wouldn't.

As for the character flaw... I am not advocating drug use. I have never used any drugs, except on prescription basis. But, I wouldn't call smoking weed a serious problem. I would bet that well over 80% of the league are casual users of weed, if not full-time users. I doubt that the NBA, already floundering, would ban a player for weed. Meanwhile, it takes 4 cocain convictions to get tossed from MLB. He'd probably be suspended and sent to rehab...

Theo is good, at times great. But, I can't imagine he brings more than Odom.

It would be a sweet dream though if we got Odom and kept Theo. blush.gifP

Play.

I dont have a problem with the fact that he smokes weed. What I have a problem with is that he has been caught twice and the next time he gets caught he is out of the league. So he isnt going to just skate by like the rest of the league. The NBA will be looking to catch him so that they can scare other players around the league.

Whether they would do a Nazr/CC/Future first from Philly trade or not remains to be seen. I personally wouldnt do it, but who knows about what Sterling would do. CC doesnt have that bad of a contract, he only makes 3 mil per season for the next 2 years and could be traded away at the end of this coming season. Nazr has proven that when healthy he can be a legit starting center in this league, but him being healthy is a big if. With the influx of Euro talent and more young players coming into the league from the US the draft just keeps getting deeper and deeper each year and thus a 15th pick in the draft can yield a pretty darn good player. Sure its not a lotto pick, but used in a trade it can be a pretty good attraction I think.

Comparing Theo and Odom's value I would say that overall Odom would bring more to a team, but he does have that 2 strike problem and hasnt returned to his old form from a few years ago before the injuries, like Theo did. I just think that if we HAVE to trade Theo we need to do it for someone who isnt as much of a risk as Odom is.

Dolfan,

You are probably right about the two-strike thing being an issue. I just can't see the league enforcing it with a star. I could see them doing it to an Ira Newble or an ex-star calibre players. But, doing it to the future? I just can't see it. But, either way, you are right ... it is a gamble.

In truth, there are other catches out there ... even if they aren't this year.

Play.

You know I am curious as to what we are doing. The AJC has reported that we are talking to Stephen Jackson. Knight has also said he is very interested in Odom. Could it be possible to add both of those players? I know we have the money to get Jackson no problem, but we will have to SnT for Odom I believe. I know this is a pretty crazy thought, but what if we are looking to trade JT for Odom? If you think about our team and what Knight has said.....he has said we will match any offer for JT and that Theo is untradable. We drafted Dickau to be our PG of the future and we should hope that he does become that, but he doesnt have to be that guy yet, at least not this year. Lets say we were able to trade JT for Odom, getting both of them the salary that they wanted (JT would make more than Odom but LAC has the capspace to absorb more money in the trade). So then our new lineup would be:

Diaw/Dickau

Jackson/Hansen

Odom/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

That would give us a much more athletic and better defending team and better ball handling team. We wouldnt be very good shooters and that would be a problem I think though. However, we should be an awesome defensive team though. Then we should go out and sign Jon Barry and Darrell Armstrong to round out the lineup and hire Carlisle to coach this bunch. Both Jackson and Diaw could put in some time at SF and Odom could play some time at the point. Barry would be an awesome bench sniper for us and a hard nosed player.

Diaw/Armstrong/Dickau

Jackson/Barry/Hansen

Odom/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

I think that we could make the playoffs this year. I beleive that if all Diaw has to do is bring the ball up the court and initiate the offense without turning it over and play great defense he can be successful at that. As long as we dont ask him to score we should be fine. Both Armstrong and Dickau could come off the bench to get us some excitement and get us running when we needed to.

Dolfan,

Truth be told, anything is better than the skeleton crew we currently have.

But, this has potential. That would mean in one year we rid ourselves of two seriously flawed players in JT and Robinson.

I like JT, but I don't think he is the future unless we get players like Odom and Daiw, who can distribute better than him.

Play.

Theo is a great man up defender. The only time he struggles is when he goes up against a player the size of Shaq. Theo is the only center in the NBA that can guard a player like Tracy McGrady on the perimeter, and not only guard him, but hold him in check. He did that against Orlando this season.

If we trade Theo and don't get a young center (that can play) in return, then we will spend the next 5-10 years looking for a center or will end up overpaying for a stiff like Rasho Nesterovic. Especially if we trade Theo for a the completely unreliable on and off the court dopehead Lamar Odom.

Right on Point

Theo intimidates other teams. They think twice maybe three times before driving the lane. He had a slow start last year ( it was the first time he played in TWO YEARS). I think that tainted our impression of him, but his impact was seen in the later half of the year.

We need to complement Theo with a shooter (not scorer) who plays good D at SF. This SF would in theory relieve the scoring burden off SAR and JT w/o hogging the ball i.e Big Dog and play decent perimeter D to keep his man in check

A healty Demarr comes to mind.

"Theo is the only center in the NBA that can guard a player like Tracy McGrady on the perimeter, and not only guard him, but hold him in check."

- yeah, i remember that one play where he checked him one-on-one. McGrady shoots, gets BLOCKED.... Ratliff picks it up and takes it the other way for a DUNK.

----------------------------------------------------

yes he might struggle against the SHAQs and the DUNCANs, but who doesnt???