• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want the next coach ? Poll

coachx

Quote:

Also, if you want Flip even though he LOST IN LESS GAMES WITH A BETTER TEAM to the same team that we lost to, how is your logic making any sense?

1) Chauncey Billups' Hamstring.

2) Average scoring margin in Pistons series: +1.8. Average scoring margin in Hawks series: +10.5. I submit the Pistons series was generally more competitive, despite lasting shorter.

3) Ray Allen didn't suck against the Pistons.

Quote:

Quote:

Also, if you want Flip even though he LOST IN LESS GAMES WITH A BETTER TEAM to the same team that we lost to, how is your logic making any sense?

1) Chauncey Billups' Hamstring.

2) Average scoring margin in Pistons series: +1.8. Average scoring margin in Hawks series: +10.5. I submit the Pistons series was generally more competitive, despite lasting shorter.

3) Ray Allen didn't suck against the Pistons.

Listen, man... I was giving coach crap for questioning my logic for thinking, scratch that, knowing that Avery (and Flip) are better coaches than Woody... But I could also say, in comparison to your list...

1. Mike Bibby's shooting

2. Your #2's reasoning goes back to Woody's coaching (I know I will here slack on this)

3. OK? Players aren't always on fire... It's a hit or miss game...

Quote:

I don't think its quite that simple. (Brondt made some good points.) That is a broad brush you paint with. I personally don't believe Woody is the "chopped liver" he is made out out be but I would take Saunders over him. However, Saunders is not my 1st or 2nd choice any way. With his contract demands I don't think he is as realistic of an option as some other candidates.

I thought the Hawks pushed the Celtics to Game 7 b/c of the crowd in Phillips and not Woody ? Just kidding, but that is what many chalk it all up to. They are partly right but the coach has to get SOME credit too. Again, I have no problem with Woody coming back if an up grade is not found. Is Flip truely an upgrade ? I would roll the dice on it but would prefer some other guys over him.

I think Flip's expierence being the head coach for emotional players like R. Wallace, B. Wallace, Cassell, Sprewell, and Garnett should be seen as a plus with dealing with Josh Smith. I also think his contract demands may be out of our price range. The come back will be that Woody coached those same misfits in Detroit and they love him to this day but he can't seem to manage Smoove effectively...... Its easy to get along with assistants b/c they are not the ones cracking the whip on playing time and calling who gets shots and when they get them. It is quite easy to like the assistant b/c they are not the true authority figure that the HC is.

Saunders got his Pistons to the Eastern Conference Finals with a team that kind of coaches itself, like his T-Wolves teams with KG, Cassell, and Sprewell but he had many personalities and aging egos to manage that can be more difficult then X's and O's.

Saunder's in not my first pick but yes I would take him in a heartbeat if the ASG could afford him.

Quote:

Saunder's in not my first pick but yes I would take him in a heartbeat if the ASG could afford him.

But you wouldn't take Avery if ASG could afford him?

He would not be in my top #3 or 4 but I would not be dissapointed.

I would look foward to seeing him work with Law on true PG skills and developing instincts. (I would much prefer Mark Jackson get a crack that since I've been hyping him since the 06-07 season. He just needs a chance to sign.)

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I picked Flip Saunders and Avery Johnson.

Humor me.

Who would be your 3rd and 4th choices ?

Van Gundy and Thibideau (sp?)

Thibadeau???

Bad call.

Sure he's a good defensive assistant but so was Woody. I would say that in Detroit, Woody was better than Thibideau in Boston. Woody shut down Shaq Kobe with his defensive schemes.

Thibadeau has no experience Running the show.

give me Fratello, Bob Hill, or Del Harris.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I picked Flip Saunders and Avery Johnson.

Humor me.

Who would be your 3rd and 4th choices ?

Van Gundy and Thibideau (sp?)

Thibadeau???

Bad call.

Sure he's a good defensive assistant but so was Woody. I would say that in Detroit, Woody was better than Thibideau in Boston. Woody shut down Shaq Kobe with his defensive schemes.

Thibadeau has no experience Running the show.

give me Fratello, Bob Hill, or Del Harris.

I can go for Del Harris. However, Woody's resume as a defensive assistant isn't as strong as Thibadeau's. He's has much more experience than Woody has as a defensive assistant. However, I think I could go for Del Harris' experience as an actual head coach over Thibadeau.