• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does this mean Acie is doomed?

WorldBFree

does two more years of Woody = Acie stuck on the bench and not being developed?

imo, the biggest disappointment this year was Acie not getting the minutes he needed to get better. almost a lost year in terms of development, and it's hard to excuse all of that due to an injury that didn't sideline him THAT much

If Speedy comes back then Acie is doom. Until he retires or is traded. We have to think Speedy has a chance to come back regardless of his health concerns. If he does then Acie might as well put up a tent next to Solomon and rest of the bench players. He is not seeing the court.

Quote:

imo, the biggest disappointment this year was Acie not getting the minutes he needed to get better. almost a lost year in terms of development, and it's hard to excuse all of that due to an injury that didn't sideline him THAT much

I think it'll be the opposite, as a matter of fact. Mike Woodson is no longer fighting desperately for his job. He can afford to allow AC the opportunity to develop and really earn some pt. I also think Acie will have a breakout year next season, basically because he was really just a jumpshot away from really being good last year. I definately look forward to seeing him playing All-Star Weekend for the Sophomore team.

Quote:

Quote:

I think it'll be the opposite, as a matter of fact. Mike Woodson is no longer fighting desperately for his job. He can afford to allow AC the opportunity to develop and really earn some pt. I also think Acie will have a breakout year next season, basically because he was really just a jumpshot away from really being good last year. I definately look forward to seeing him playing All-Star Weekend for the Sophomore team. yeah me too.Him and Horford will tear it up.........and play keep away from Durant lol

Quote:

He was stuck on the bench this year because he got hurt early on.

I think that a lot of Acie's problems this year stemmed from that wrist injury early on. It really affected his confidence once he came back and he may have had some lingering pain from it too, but who knows. He seemed afraid to shoot from outside and had a lot of trouble finishing inside, but he played much better in the playoffs ... when he got some playing time ... so hopefully that will be the Acie that we see this coming season and I can't imagine Woody sitting him if he is playing like we all think he can play.

If Speedy comes back it will do nothing but help Acie since Acie is a good shooter and could play the point with Bibby at SG or Acie could play the 2 with Speedy at the point. Having 3 quality PGs is nothing but a good thing, even if it means limiting playing time a little for each.

Quote:

I think that a lot of Acie's problems this year stemmed from that wrist injury early on. It really affected his confidence once he came back and he may have had some lingering pain from it too, but who knows. He seemed afraid to shoot from outside and had a lot of trouble finishing inside, but he played much better in the playoffs ... when he got some playing time ... so hopefully that will be the Acie that we see this coming season and I can't imagine Woody sitting him if he is playing like we all think he can play.

If Speedy comes back it will do nothing but help Acie since Acie is a good shooter and could play the point with Bibby at SG or Acie could play the 2 with Speedy at the point. Having 3 quality PGs is nothing but a good thing, even if it means limiting playing time a little for each.

I actually think that if Craig comes back and can stay healthy (which I doubt 99%) he could be a great backup to Acie and we can trade Bibby. Craig hit big shots in the championship for San Antonio,Bibby never made it there and all he can do is shoot. hey Craig did well backing up another young PG before,he may be able to earn his nickname back because as of right now,there is nothing speedy about a cripple.

Quote:

Nobody can say "He hasn't had plenty of time to heal."

I actually have a small ray of hope. Reports were that Claxton was playing well and working hard in preseason practice, before the knee started giving him trouble again. He's got one strike left before things are as bad with him as with Mike Hampton. And I actually have a small dab of hope left for Hampton this year - he too was pitching well in preseason.

Quote:

Quote:

I actually have a small ray of hope. Reports were that Claxton was playing well and working hard in preseason practice, before the knee started giving him trouble again. He's got one strike left before things are as bad with him as with Mike Hampton. And I actually have a small dab of hope left for Hampton this year - he too was pitching well in preseason.

I would love to see Claxton come back next year. That way when Bibby is hurt, we can sit him down instead of practically forcing him to play. We'll have great depth, and he wouldn't have to play big minutes. We could see Mike Bibby out there with Law, too. Mike Bibby could play the 2 on the offensive end and 1 on the defensive end.

Quote:

Quote:

There are only 3 strikes in baseball right?

Quote:

He's got one strike left before things are as bad with him as with Mike Hampton.

Quote:

There are only 3 strikes in baseball right?

Hmmm how many has Hamp got on him now? Anyone counting? He was probably out a long time ago.

Hampton is a mystery. He is one of the best pitchers in the game when he is on. And he was very good this preseason. It's incredible how many muscles he seems to pull or tear. Makes you wonder if he actually pushes it TOO hard - maybe he ought to lighten up the rehab a little, given the tendency of his sinews. Do more gentle stretching and less hardcore lifting or whatever he's been doing.