• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why not Zaza and Chillz for Felton and filler?

Atlantaholic

Obviously, they have to account for JJ but who else on our team is so great offensively that the other team has to game plan for them?

In addition, just because they don't game plan for Marvin doesn't mean they don't scout him and that they don't know what his strengths and weaknesses are.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised that more posters here wouldn't want Felton. I like Acie and think he has potential, but I haven't seen anything that tells me he'll be better than Felton. Felton's 3 years into his development as a PG, and most PG's take some time.

He's been hindered by the fact that his team has been horrible, their coaching is as bad or worse than ours, and he's played a ton of games at the 2 spot - way out of position for him. That has hurt his FG% cause he's been matched up for stretches against bigger guards, and he;s been forced into a role that requires him perfomr as a jumpshooter, which ahs never been his game. He's not a great shooter by any menas, but he is a very good "scorer" from the 1 spot. He's also an up tempo player in a system that's been more half court, and will only become more limited to the half court with LB in the mix.

Bickerstaff and Jordan seem convinced he's more of a combo than a PG, yet when he gets to play exclusively at the 1, he plays much better and their team performs better. He finished the season #7 in the NBA in apg this year, that certainly makes a decent case that he should be used only as a PG. Deron and Paul have been better, and I don't doubt that they will continue to be better, but those guys are at a very elite level already.

I also admit that Calderon looks like a better prospect than Felton at this point, but I want to see him run a team on his own before I'm fully convinced.

What other young PGs are out there that have performed as well as Felton or retain as much potential as he does? Rondo? Very possibly, complete freak of nature and seems to hit timely jumpers despite the knock on his ability to shoot. BUt how much of his success was playing with such a loaded bunch of vets?

Tony Parker's had the benefit of playing with great players, but I think he's pretty darn legit too.

Kidd and Nash probably don't have much in the tank. Billups has more but probably not by much. I don't really consider Baron or Gilbert true PGs, but they're obviously on a level above Felton.

I like Law, but Felton's closer to a known quantity as a young PG and after watching him display excellent leadership qualities in college I don't think he's lacking in the intangibles department. Why not give Felton a shot and let Law try to beat him out as he gains experience?

If we want to be up tempo he could be a great fit. If he goes to the Knicks be prepared to change your opinion on him after seeing what he could do in D'Antoni's system.

Quote:

Never 30? Did you forget the ONE GAME where Marvin was allowed to be the 1st option throughout the entire game this past season in Seattle? Marvin was allowed to take 20 shots and put up 33 points on 60% shooting.

Marvin also had 19 games of 20 or more points. I would say that's pretty good for the 3rd and sometimes 4th option.

I knew that you didn't know for a fact, but you were coming off like you did know it as a fact when it's pure speculation but I highly doubt that other teams don't game plan for Marvin. Sure they probably prepare a lot more for Joe Johnson, but he is our #1 scorer and our best and most consistent player so that seems natural.

I admit I didn't see that game and I don't remember him scoring 20 that many times (not calling you a liar I simply don't remember it). And yes I could have claimed to be a scout in my spare time although I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Quote:

Obviously, they have to account for JJ but who else on our team is so great offensively that the other team has to game plan for them?

In addition, just because they don't game plan for Marvin doesn't mean they don't scout him and that they don't know what his strengths and weaknesses are.

Slow down now. I'm not saying these scouts sit in their offices all day eating doritos and watchin. I'm saying Marv isn't vital enough on a 37 win team for scouts to be spending most of their time scouting him. It is a big league with better players on better teams and I'm sure they have limited time. I'm pretty sure they do a lot of time management which would put Marv waaayyy down on their lists.

Besides you all are acting like teams are knocking down the door asking about him. Who even said these scouts were impressed?