• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Hawk Outlook....Summer 2003.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm personnally against us Matching Utah's bid for Terry. If the bid is really 6 year 55 million, I say let's not match... JT is not worthy of that much. Hes still an undersized SG or a flawed PG (however you want to look at it.). The problem is that the deal would mean 9.17 million per season. I cannot see paying JT that much regaurdless of where it starts.

I suggest a SNT of JT...

A Simple SNT would be JT for Harpring. They still can offer JT the same deal but they would spend less on his contract and JT would get the bonus of 12.5% raises.

The question is can: Harpring/SAR/Theo be a good combo for us. I believe so. If we do it this way, I say we might bring back Dion to go with this team. I know some say Dion is Not going to be a Hawk again and I understand that... But he fits with this team. Harpring has a midrange game and an outside shot. Also, Harpring is gritty.

To finish this collection of players, I would add....Kenny Anderson.

Now we have the return of GaTech....

Kenny Anderson/Glover/Harpring/SAR/Theo...

A second direction:

SNT JT to Utah for Harpring. Maybe JT/Nazr for Harpring/Collins.

Secondly:

Get rid of Theo:

Theo/Hendu to Dallas for Finley/Bradley.

Cuban is an IU guy, He remembers Hendu's heyday, I think he might give him a chance. Plus he gets what he really wants... THEO.

Again, go with Anderson:

Anderson/Finley/Harpring/SAR/Collins....

I'd personally rather go with Travis Best over Kenny Anderson, I think. At least the few times I've seen Best and Anderson play last season or two, I liked what I saw from Best more. 2yr/3M for Best. If we are truly rebuilding, we could send Nazr/CC to Memphis for Wesley Person. His contract comes off the books this season and Memphis has said they want a bigman. I'd then sign either DJ/Glover or some other young, talented SG/SF and Kevin Willis or Tyrone Hill.

Best/Dickau

Person/DJ/Hansen

Harpring/Diaw

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Willis

I think Best/Person/Harpring/SAR/Theo could be competitive. Both DJ/Diaw would have a chance to start, I just like Persons' outside-shooting ability.

I still don't understand all the love for Harpring. Yes, he averaged almost 18 ppg last year, but he still a 12.5 career ppg scorer. I would be willing to bet that he would lose those extra 5-6 points if he played with JT, Dickau, whoever.

Am I the only one who thinks the increase may have something to do with playing with John Stockton (and Mark Jackson, to a lesser extent)? Harpring, Kirilenko, Cheaney, Ostertag, and Stockton all shot in the neighborhood of 50%.

C'mon, Stockton could make Nazr look like an offensive force. It's not Harpring, it's the system.

I actually watched Harpring a good bit last season, being a GT fan, I like to see how he's playing every once in a while. I think he is the perfect team player. The way he plays motivates other guys to bust their arses too. I'd be fine with 13 ppg. I don't want him just because he had a career high last season in PPG. I know he's a great basketball player and I'd rather have him than nothing.

I understand that. But the way some people talk about him, they make you think that he's a career 20/10 guy.

Yes, I agree that he's a great team player. He'd be an improvement over Newble, while filling the same role.

But, if we're going to send JT in a SNT, I'd much rather have something like Kirilenko/Ostertag.

Utah has Kirileinko more in their future plans than Harpring if I'm correct. I've never looked at Harpring as a 20/10 guy, but he is consistent. You know you'll be getting hustle, defense, rebounding, and good team play from him every night. I wouldn't expect him to fill JT's role, but he could help make life without JT as difficult.

• Premium Member

I want him because he's better than Diaw and CC as a Sf. Plus he has grit. I watched a lot of him with Philly. He was injured a lot but when he played, he hustled, he worked hard, and he didn't need the ball to be effective on the floor.

I think he's a good compliment to Reef. I think Grob was too but we never gave him the chance (with a good Coach and PG).

Well looking at things....If we have allowed the Jazz

to help get JT more money, and considering Knight

has done very little to help the team since becoming

the interm GM, I wish he wasn't our GM either.

I had hoped that maybe a few decent signings could

happen and maybecompete...However, it looks like

Barry/Jackson/Jones aren't out there.......Peeler is

going to sign with the Raptors.

There is nobody left to pickup.