• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove v. Jamison

OGRat

I read today that Philly might pursue Jamison. Not sure who I would pick between the Jamison and Smoove. My head says Jamison, but my heart says Smoove. Jamison is the more proven, goto type of player. I think he would pair well with JJ. Smoove is the younger, more athletic player that it has been said Philly desires.

If you were Philly who would you pick?

• Moderators

If I were Philly, I would only go for Jamison over Smith if I thought Atlanta would match for sure and that I would lose the chance to go after Jamison if I made an offer to Smoove. Otherwise, it is a no-brainer that Josh Smith is a better acquisition for the long-term. Philly isn't competing for a title this year and someone like Josh Smith will be excellent next year and probably even better in the next 4 years.

Quote:

I read today that Philly might pursue Jamison. Not sure who I would pick between the Jamison and Smoove. My head says Jamison, but my heart says Smoove. Jamison is the more proven, goto type of player. I think he would pair well with JJ. Smoove is the younger, more athletic player that it has been said Philly desires.

If you were Philly who would you pick?

josh is 10 years younger and higher potential...josh all the way.

It depends on if they plan to keep Andre Miller for the next 2-3 years. I don't see a nucleus of Iggy, Smith, Dalembert and Lou Williams doing a lot in this decade, too young (maybe the make the 2nd round of the playoffs like the Bulls did a few seasons ago, but that would be about it). Jamison would bring leadership and focus. I liked the story of how he and Caron Butler re-configured the Wizards' locker room because the young guys seemed to be distracted from the big picture. Even in Gilbert's absence (and Caron missed a ton of games too), they didn't rollover and play dead. Jamison played in Vince Carter's shadow in college and I think he is still under-valued by fans.

If they choose to keep Miller to serve as the floor general and team leader, then go with Smith.