• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another team may be entering the picture...

HawkNJersey

Golden State....just heard them mentioned on the radio. They now have have over 17 million in cap space, according to this guy. He said he's hearing Smoove looks to be a target. Even Chad Ford mentioned that the Warriors are able make Smoove a max offer.

Quote:

Golden State....just heard them mentioned on the radio. They now have have over 17 million in cap space, according to this guy. He said he's hearing Smoove looks to be a target. Even Chad Ford mentioned that the Warriors are able make Smoove a max offer.

GS could definitely be a problem because Smith fits there probably better than he would fit anywhere else.

Jeez you guys are so paranoid. Golden State can't offer him more than the max and if we feel like he is worth the max then let them offer him a deal. We'll either match it or not match it, the same as we would with Philly or Memphis.

Quote:

That's only if Arenas doesn't accept their max offer and the ONLY way that we let Smoove go to Golden State is if we get something in return.

The 76ers worry me much more then the Warriors. At least the Warriors have some desirable pieces to take back in a trade while the 76ers don't. Bedrinas (also BYC for sign and trade) is not equal value but he is better then allowing Smith to walk for nothing.

Quote:

Jeez you guys are so paranoid. Golden State can't offer him more than the max and if we feel like he is worth the max then let them offer him a deal. We'll either match it or not match it, the same as we would with Philly or Memphis.

GS can offer Smith the same deal Dwight Howard got, roughly 5 years $85 million. It would be tough for the ASG to match that.

Quote:

And you're assuming ASG will match whatever offer he gets...

I definitely agree. With Philly the only players we could take back without making a larger deal would be Young, Carney, and Williams. None of them are close to equal value. I don't think I would consider all 3 combined to be equal value.

Biedrins would be much closer to equal value but with him also being a RFA a trade would certainly be difficult.

Quote:

Quote:

That's only if Arenas doesn't accept their max offer and the ONLY way that we let Smoove go to Golden State is if we get something in return.

The 76ers worry me much more then the Warriors. At least the Warriors have some desirable pieces to take back in a trade while the 76ers don't. Bedrinas (also BYC for sign and trade) is not equal value but he is better then allowing Smith to walk for nothing.

The problem is, they can resign AB and Ellis and still offer Smoove a max contract....

Until they prove otherwise I will believe them when they say that they will match any offer for both he and Childress.

The ASG might feel very confident that they will win the court case and they could also already have another investor lined up so paying the luxury tax for a year might not be an issue.

Quote:

What would the starting salary be on that? About 13 million?

It depends on where they set the cap. A max deal is a percentage of the cap (i dont remember what the percentage is). The actual salary cap won't be set until next week.

I would assume that the starting salary would be between $13-14 million but that is just a guess.

When i heard baron was going to LA i was thinking "why dont the warriors go after smith" then i come on this site and here the possibilty tha t the warriors might want smith.

i wouldnt offer smith max contract BUT in golden states offense smith can average 20 + points and at least 9 boards. this all could have been avoided if the ASG would have tooken care of business last year.

Quote:

1) We could match (I prefer this option)

2) They give us Biedrins and change for him

Either way, we are fine.

We can't do a S&T if they sign him, we can only match. We can bluff them into thinking we will match and do a S&T, similar to the JJ situation with Phoenix. It's a dangerous game.