• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Michael Finley.

mrhonline

I think he'd be great for this team... Bring veteran leadership... Can knock down the big shot... all the intangibles...

That said... I think we're competitively too far away...

Those type players always seem to end up on those fringe championship teams.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If Smoove ends up having to settle for a deal starting in the $10M a season range and Chillz ends up having to settle for one starting at the MLE, we might very well end up with enough room under the cap to make Finley consider coming here. Would a deal starting at $1.9M get him here? In this market, it just might.

Quote:

Would a deal starting at $1.9M get him here? In this market, it just might.

that's where I disagree with you. 1.9 isn't much more than the vet's minimum. I think he'd much rather take a million to play for a team that's guaranteed to go deep into the playoffs.

If we offer Finley a 3 yr/$6M deal starting at $1.9M and all of his other offers are only minimum offers, I think he will DEFINITELY consider it. He COULD still take an offer from BOS (they will only offer him if they can't get Posey back) but who else is he going to go to for the minimum? PHO is about to sign T Lue and they already have Nash, Barbosa, Bell, Grant Hill, Diaw, etc. The Lakers don't need him. UT doesn't need him. SA just signed Mason to play his role so they obviously don't plan to bring him back. DET? MAYBE if they don't bring Hayes back but I doubt it.

Honestly, I think Finley is going to be looking to get a deal starting at around $3M-$4M a season but he is not likely to get that from anyone, let alone a contender. We'll see how it shakes out.

I imagine him going back to the Mavericks. For the past couple of years he couldn't go to the Mavs because of the Allan Houston Rule, but his old contract has finally expired and now he is permitted to rejoin the Mavs.

That all is of course if Eddie Jones is not with the Mavs this upcoming season. I didn't catch whether or not he used his player option so if he did then I don't know where Finley will go.

We need better talent toward the end of our roster to take the next step but I suspect Finley is out of our league. Even if we had the money to sign him (after resigning the Joshes), I am not yet convinced we are perceived as legitimate contenders to attract vets looking for a shot at a title before calling it quits. I think we have to hope that Luke Jackson or some one of his stature takes his game up a level to improve the end of our roster. Maybe Sund will surpise me and sign someone I did not suspect.